+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hello Guys,

I need some clarification on travel history. I am a resident of dubai and citizen of India. I make trips regularly to india ( Approx 3-4 trips per year) Do I have to inlcude all these trips in the application or can i just state these in the Letter of explanation ?

Thanks

Pavan

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Guys,

I need some clarification on travel history. I am a resident of dubai and citizen of India. I make trips regularly to india ( Approx 3-4 trips per year) Do I have to inlcude all these trips in the application or can i just state these in the Letter of explanation ?

Thanks

Pavan
Trips between your country of residence and your home country is not required to be mentioned.
Countries for which you travelled to for business, training and tourism purposes are only required to be mentioned
You need to fill up a travel history form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf and include it in your application

morningblue

Sep 28, 2018
Hello there just a quick question
what do you define as country of residence. Does it include the place where you worked and studied or just the place where you are working

morningblue

Sep 28, 2018
sorry i meant i studied in Malaysia from Aug 2016 to Dec 2017 on a student visa and in between made several trips to India and one trip to USA

morningblue

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks bimale
I have few more questions and request your advise
1) Do i need to include the trips between Malaysia and India on travel history page (One trip that I made between Malaysia and India was through Bangkok airport but still my passport was stamped) . Also, what about the one trip from Malaysia to US. I travelled from Malaysia to US via India. I was then in US for a month at MIT as part of my studies on a B1/B2 visa.
2) Later I got a job in Malaysia and made several one day trips to Singapore.
How do I address all these situations on my address history, travel history and personal activities page.
The trips were as follows:
28/Aug/16 - 13/Oct/16 -- Malaysia (studies)
14/Oct/16 to 19/Oct/16 -- India (home country-family visit)
20/Oct/16-- 16/Dec/16 --- Malaysia (studies)
17/Dec/16 --- 01/Jan/17--- India ( family visit)
02/Jan/17--- 28/Jan/17--- USA (studies)
29/Jan/17--- 05/Feb/17--- India (family visit)
06/Feb/17 -- 31/May/17--- Malaysia (studies)
1/june/17--- 2/Aug/17---- India (home country)
3/Aug/17--- 20/Nov/17---Malaysia(work visa)
In between 3/Aug/17 to 20/Nov/17- I made several 14 hours trips to Singapore i.e. entry and exit from Singapore the same day

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Trips between your country of residence and your home country is not required to be mentioned.
Countries for which you travelled to for business, training and tourism purposes are only required to be mentioned
You need to fill up a travel history form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf and include it in your application
Does this mean that you don't have to mention even the first trip you took from your country of origin to the country of residence? I am an Indian and I worked in Kuwait for 2 years from 2012. From the threads I understand that I don't have to mention the trips made between India and Kuwait between 2012 and 2014. But what about my first trip to Kuwait from India? When I took that trip, isn't both the country of origin and country of residence India for me? In that case shouldn't I mention it in the travel history?
Sorry if I being stupid, But I am really confused about this travel history thing

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Does this mean that you don't have to mention even the first trip you took from your country of origin to the country of residence? I am an Indian and I worked in Kuwait for 2 years from 2012. From the threads I understand that I don't have to mention the trips made between India and Kuwait between 2012 and 2014. But what about my first trip to Kuwait from India? When I took that trip, isn't both the country of origin and country of residence India for me? In that case shouldn't I mention it in the travel history?
Sorry if I being stupid, But I am really confused about this travel history thing
When I first moved from Dubai to Toronto on the Work Permit, my lawyer advised me not to include that trip, I would suggest you the same, if you feel otherwise include it in your travel history.

Reactions: RBV2909

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
When I first moved from Dubai to Toronto on the Work Permit, my lawyer advised me not to include that trip, I would suggest you the same, if you feel otherwise include it in your travel history.
Thank you for your reply. At the moment I filled it like this. I was confused because in this case all my trips are between country of origin and country of residence at that time. Hence I won't have any trips to include in the travel history, at the same time my passport has plenty of entry and exit seals and visa stamps. Can I not mention any trips and explain it in the LOE? Is it possible?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply. At the moment I filled it like this. I was confused because in this case all my trips are between country of origin and country of residence at that time. Hence I won't have any trips to include in the travel history, at the same time my passport has plenty of entry and exit seals and visa stamps. Can I not mention any trips and explain it in the LOE? Is it possible?
No need for an LoE... and you do not need to include the trips between India and Kuwait.
In my travel history I did not include trips between India and UAE either

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
No need for an LoE... and you do not need to include the trips between India and Kuwait.
In my travel history I did not include trips between India and UAE either
Thank you very much :)