+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
I have question on the same topic.
Country of Origin India, travelled to Australia for 8 months and then travelled to USA for1 year.
Now I am finding it confusing how to enter the Australia to USA travel as the dates FROM and TO are irrelevant as I never went back to Australia.
Please advice how to enter this in the form

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I have question on the same topic.
Country of Origin India, travelled to Australia for 8 months and then travelled to USA for1 year.
Now I am finding it confusing how to enter the Australia to USA travel as the dates FROM and TO are irrelevant as I never went back to Australia.
Please advice how to enter this in the form
1 field for each country, it's as simple as that. The Australia travel ended after 8 months, so it has a from and to dates obviously.

meg09

May 12, 2017
Does anyone know If you have 3 different addresses in the country of Residence ,will you put all the timeline and addresses in your Travel History and Personal History?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Does anyone know If you have 3 different addresses in the country of Residence ,will you put all the timeline and addresses in your Travel History and Personal History?
You don't put addresses in Personal or Travel History. There's another section called Address History and it's where you list all your addresses.

Work History is for work you used to claim points.
Travel History is for travels.
Personal History is for your personal activities (including work, education, etc.)
Address History is for addresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxty

meg09

May 12, 2017
You don't put addresses in Personal or Travel History. There's another section called Address History and it's where you list all your addresses.

Work History is for work you used to claim points.
Travel History is for travels.
Personal History is for your personal activities (including work, education, etc.)
Address History is for addresses.

Let me quote it differently actually - my country of residence is different from country of origin. and In my country of residence I have stayed at 3 different addresses, so should I write it 3 times in my travel history since it is not my home country or should I altogether skip my residence country in the travel history section?
Another question - I visited my country of residence prior for official purposes for a short duration. will that be included in my travel history or not as the same country is now currently my country of residence just that purpose of stay has changed?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Let me quote it differently actually - my country of residence is different from country of origin. and In my country of residence I have stayed at 3 different addresses, so should I write it 3 times in my travel history since it is not my home country or should I altogether skip my residence country in the travel history section?
Another question - I visited my country of residence prior for official purposes for a short duration. will that be included in my travel history or not as the same country is now currently my country of residence just that purpose of stay has changed?
Travel history is intended to list "trips".. meaning that it does not include addresses.

Do the following:

In travel history, for the last 10 years:
1. List your "visit" to your current residency country before you actually lived there
2. List your first trip to your current residency country and don't put an end date
3. List all your trips between your current residency and home countries

Some say that you don't need to do 2 & 3 - meaning you don't need to mention your residency or home countries in the travel history. I personally did and highlighted when I moved to my current residency country in the LOE since I put no end date for that field in the travel history. I also detailed the exact arrival/departure dates in the LOE.

In address history
- List all your addresses during the last 10 years including both your home and residency countries

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I have a question - if one's country of residence has legally changed over the past 10 years can we safely exclude the period stayed in that country as a trip.

Situation
Lived in India until 2007, worked in Singapore from Jul 2007 to Jan 2010, came back to India, went for study to UK from Aug 2011 to Jan 2013, came back to India and then in US since Sep 2013

Now as you see country of residence is changing all the time. Given this scenario, lets take the situation from Sep 2013

Entered US - Sep 2013
Trip 1 - India
Trip 2 - India
Trip 3 - Canada... etc.

My question is as follows
Between Trip 1 and Trip 2, I was staying in the US - should this period (trip) also be mentioned in the travel history or I only list trips where I spent time outside the US. And I would assume same logic would apply to trips say made out of UK or Singapore for the time I was resident there (the time spent in the country between trips outside is not a trip). Of course all of those would be covered in my address history

Since including the in between time as a trip does not sound right to me. How have you folks filled this section out?

cn819

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
04-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
I have 5 old passports... I only need to upload my current one. But I filed 10 years of travel history and the stamps are not n my valid passport

I think it's very common that people has more than 1 passport to show all stamps for last 10 years travel history.. so what should we do? Provide both passport during the submission? or old passport will be asked in ADR? or it doesn't matter

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
I think it's very common that people has more than 1 passport to show all stamps for last 10 years travel history.. so what should we do? Provide both passport during the submission? or old passport will be asked in ADR? or it doesn't matter
For my case I uploaded both and explained under LOE. Post AOR, they did send an ADR for Travel Info as I have quite a few travels in the past 10 years. I think on the safe side it's better to just upload both if both of your passports are with you.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I ended up scanning and uploading everything. better safe than sorry. On the pdf I wrote on the first page current passport, then old passports for the rest and mentioned in my LOE that in my home country passports are only valid for 1 or 5 years which is why there are so many as I only renewed a year at a time since 5 were sometimes expensive.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I have a question - if one's country of residence has legally changed over the past 10 years can we safely exclude the period stayed in that country as a trip.

Situation
Lived in India until 2007, worked in Singapore from Jul 2007 to Jan 2010, came back to India, went for study to UK from Aug 2011 to Jan 2013, came back to India and then in US since Sep 2013

Now as you see country of residence is changing all the time. Given this scenario, lets take the situation from Sep 2013

Entered US - Sep 2013
Trip 1 - India
Trip 2 - India
Trip 3 - Canada... etc.

My question is as follows
Between Trip 1 and Trip 2, I was staying in the US - should this period (trip) also be mentioned in the travel history or I only list trips where I spent time outside the US. And I would assume same logic would apply to trips say made out of UK or Singapore for the time I was resident there (the time spent in the country between trips outside is not a trip). Of course all of those would be covered in my address history

Since including the in between time as a trip does not sound right to me. How have you folks filled this section out?

There had been a lot of confusions about Travel History. It is specifically written, only travels outside country of residence and country of origin.

For your case, if you had different country of residence, I would also enter the dates you stayed in your previous residence under Travel History.

My current residence is Singapore and country of origin is Philippines. I usually travel 4-6 times a year to/from both countries. In my travel list, there is no entry for both countries except when I traveled to Singapore as a tourist and one entry for the date I landed in Singapore with my work permit. I also stayed in Saudi for 4 for years.

My travel history is like this:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) Singapore - I entered Singapore with a work permit
15-Aug-2011 to 15-Aug-2011 Singapore (tourist)
01-Aug-2011 to 03-Aug-2011 Singapore (tourist)
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 Saudi (my previous country of residence)

*in between the dates above, I have listed my travels to other countries as a tourist (non-resident).

For my address history:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) - Singapore address (if you have multiple addresses, one entry for each address)
02-Jun-2010 to 01-Oct-2011 - Philippines address
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 - Saudi Address

Personal History:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) - Singapore, work
02-Jun-2010 to 01-Oct-2011 - Philippines, unemployed
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 - Saudi, work

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
There had been a lot of confusions about Travel History. It is specifically written, only travels outside country of residence and country of origin.

For your case, if you had different country of residence, I would also enter the dates you stayed in your previous residence under Travel History.

My current residence is Singapore and country of origin is Philippines. I usually travel 4-6 times a year to/from both countries. In my travel list, there is no entry for both countries except when I traveled to Singapore as a tourist and one entry for the date I landed in Singapore with my work permit. I also stayed in Saudi for 4 for years.

My travel history is like this:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) Singapore - I entered Singapore with a work permit
15-Aug-2011 to 15-Aug-2011 Singapore (tourist)
01-Aug-2011 to 03-Aug-2011 Singapore (tourist)
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 Saudi (my previous country of residence)

*in between the dates above, I have listed my travels to other countries as a tourist (non-resident).

For my address history:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) - Singapore address (if you have multiple addresses, one entry for each address)
02-Jun-2010 to 01-Oct-2011 - Philippines address
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 - Saudi Address

Personal History:
02-Oct-2011 to present (blank) - Singapore, work
02-Jun-2010 to 01-Oct-2011 - Philippines, unemployed
01-Mar-2006 to 01-Jun-2010 - Saudi, work
Hi, is it fine to do like the above for travel history which you have stated.

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Guys, since this is a post-AOR travel history request thread, did anybody translate the stamps in their passports that are not in English or French? Or just filling out the form they asked to fill out, and scans of all old passports showing travel history would suffice? In addition, my status of residence is also in a language that is not English or French for the country I reside in (Arabic as I reside in Saudi Arabia).

I ask because the exact same thing was asked to be provided when applying for a temporary resident visa (TRV) for visiting purposes. In fact the help text is the same if I recall correctly. What I remember back then was I just uploaded the travel history form and scanned copies of my passports, and my proof of residence in the country where I reside. So at that time both the stamps in my passport were not translated nor were the resident permits for Saudi translated.

However, that was for TRV. This is for PR, specifically post-AOR. So now I'm confused and there's literally a small time window (less than a week) to provide this to CIC and I'm not sure if I should just upload or translate then upload.

Anyone been through this before? Or if you've got suggestions/recommendations, that would be appreciated.

soulseeker

Oct 8, 2017
Guys, since this is a post-AOR travel history request thread, did anybody translate the stamps in their passports that are not in English or French? Or just filling out the form they asked to fill out, and scans of all old passports showing travel history would suffice? In addition, my status of residence is also in a language that is not English or French for the country I reside in (Arabic as I reside in Saudi Arabia).

I ask because the exact same thing was asked to be provided when applying for a temporary resident visa (TRV) for visiting purposes. In fact the help text is the same if I recall correctly. What I remember back then was I just uploaded the travel history form and scanned copies of my passports, and my proof of residence in the country where I reside. So at that time both the stamps in my passport were not translated nor were the resident permits for Saudi translated.

However, that was for TRV. This is for PR, specifically post-AOR. So now I'm confused and there's literally a small time window (less than a week) to provide this to CIC and I'm not sure if I should just upload or translate then upload.

Anyone been through this before? Or if you've got suggestions/recommendations, that would be appreciated.
Well, good question there beemir, I personally think it would be the same case as TRV (i.e. no translation), but I'd wait for one of the forum's experts to confirm.