Travel History

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone.

My country of Origin = Pakistan
My current country of residence = UAE

In past 10 years I have stayed for a year (2009) in Germany and another year (2010) in Portugal. Other than that I took several trips from Germany, Portugal and UAE (current country of residence) to Pakistan (country of origin).

As far as I understand I only have to mention about stay in Germany and Stay in Portugal in my travel history, as all other trips are between origin and current residence country. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farazafzal said:
Hello Everyone.

My country of Origin = Pakistan
My current country of residence = UAE

In past 10 years I have stayed for a year (2009) in Germany and another year (2010) in Portugal. Other than that I took several trips from Germany, Portugal and UAE (current country of residence) to Pakistan (country of origin).

As far as I understand I only have to mention about stay in Germany and Stay in Portugal in my travel history, as all other trips are between origin and current residence country. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks
from my own understanding,all travels made outside your current residency has to be declared.

if you are for example an citizen of country A and living in that country,all your travels outside country A has to be declared. If you are living in country B,all travels outside country B has to be included even your travel going back to country A.

well that's how i did it.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to declare all your travels. I think what you are trying to point out about your stay in Germany and Portugal is the need for PCC because you have stayed there for more than 6 months.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Guys, do you need to list all the travels with your old and current passport or just the travels with your current passport?

And what about travels without passport stamps? (Using electronic channels)

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spth38 said:
Guys, do you need to list all the travels with your old and current passport or just the travels with your current passport?

And what about travels without passport stamps? (Using electronic channels)
All the travels you made since you were 18 years old.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pacificislander said:
All the travels you made since you were 18 years old.
or in the last 10 years, whichever is more recent

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pacificislander said:
You have to declare all your travels. I think what you are trying to point out about your stay in Germany and Portugal is the need for PCC because you have stayed there for more than 6 months.
Well Actually not. I am not relating it to the PCC at all. I am concerned about the statement

"Provide details of any trips Applicant has taken outside his country of origin OR of residence in the last ten years."

As I interpret it shall be the trips made outside the Current country of Residence and Country of Origin. If I have taken tripe to these two countries I don't have to mention it.

Other, seniors can elaborate more !

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Lailina said:
or in the last 10 years, whichever is more recent
Thanks guys!

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farazafzal said:
Well Actually not. I am not relating it to the PCC at all. I am concerned about the statement

"Provide details of any trips Applicant has taken outside his country of origin OR of residence in the last ten years."

As I interpret it shall be the trips made outside the Current country of Residence and Country of Origin. If I have taken tripe to these two countries I don't have to mention it.

And you are correct with your interpretation.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
farazafzal said:

It's exactly that.

Mentioning travels outside home/residence country will help determine if you spent more than 6 months in any other country for which you would need a PCC.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope it is correct. !!!

I am reading other posts and people seems divided !! I think we need a master thread nailing this issue once and for all. SO that people reading that particular thread will never be confused again. I was not confused but reading different posts confused me a lot.

Do we know anyone who got PR by skipping the stays in Origin and Residence?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I did get PPR without any problem :D So I will still stick to that we don't need to mention travel between your country of origin and country of residence. Just the first one travel to your country of residence and that's all.
So I came across two cases in this forum:

1) The person was from India and was working in US. Never traveled anywhere. He did not fill anything in travel history, not even first trip. Got ppr.

2) The person was from x country and working in canada. Never traveled anywhere. Left travel history blank. He was requested travel history by cic post eapr.

So no right or wrong in this i believe!