+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History - trips to multiple countries

ts123

Nov 3, 2016
I've travelled a lot. Some of these trips have been to multiple countries, e.g. 3 months split between Chile & Argentina, where I probably crossed the border 8 times. Bike touring in Europe through about 6 different EU countries, camping somewhere different every night.

Do I need to list every single time I've crossed a border?? I have no idea what dates are, I don't know where my old passport is and anything in Europe wouldn't be stamped anyway. Is it OK to just guess dates & explain in LOE?

What about time I've spent in NZ & Canada on working holiday & study visas? Should I list those as travel, or are they then my country of residence? What about day trips from Canada to the States? Transiting through the States where I've been stamped in but not actually left the airport?

I must have crossed about 150 borders in the last 10 years, the majority I don't have dates for. Not sure what to do about this.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ts123 said:
I've travelled a lot. Some of these trips have been to multiple countries, e.g. 3 months split between Chile & Argentina, where I probably crossed the border 8 times. Bike touring in Europe through about 6 different EU countries, camping somewhere different every night.

Do I need to list every single time I've crossed a border?? I have no idea what dates are, I don't know where my old passport is and anything in Europe wouldn't be stamped anyway. Is it OK to just guess dates & explain in LOE?

What about time I've spent in NZ & Canada on working holiday & study visas? Should I list those as travel, or are they then my country of residence? What about day trips from Canada to the States? Transiting through the States where I've been stamped in but not actually left the airport?

I must have crossed about 150 borders in the last 10 years, the majority I don't have dates for. Not sure what to do about this.
My 2 cents:
If you crossed the border of your home country or country of residence, you need to enter it. Even if the stay outside the border was just a part of the day, that should be entered too. If you visit your home country while you are in a different country on long term for either work or education, that needs to be entered too.

You basically need to for all stamps in your passport. If you dont have the passport, its going to be a hard time. Worst case, you can guess the dates with a variance of about 2 weeks.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I declared everything, however, I am Non-EU passport holder, so my passports were stamped every time I crossed a European Country...Try to remember the closest date...as do explain that in LoE. There were some stamps in my passport which have faded away! Thanks to via rules for Non-EU people, I use to have scanned passport documents in my mail all the time!

Also if you remember the month of travel, I don't think it should be an issue! Telle them in Letter of Explanation. I think CIC will anyhow lenient to EU people (Kidding)

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ts123 said:

Try your best, if not with stamps, emails helped me a lot, and photos also on trips around Europe.
I got 120 entries in the travel history, it took me a couple of days to do it.

Navin1988

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
In my personal history, I entered travels that were on my last passport. Do i have to upload this old passport page with those immigration stamps as well??

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I dont have many EU stamps in my passport. I had the dates in my email as I had kept the booking confirmation. I entered the dates diligently even though there are no stamps.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Navin1988 said:
In my personal history, I entered travels that were on my last passport. Do i have to upload this old passport page with those immigration stamps as well??
Yes, upload all of the stamped pages of old passport.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have added my travel to travel history and not personal history.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
I have added my travel to travel history and not personal history.
I guess that's correct. If not there would be only a personal history and not two separate.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
chente said:
Try your best, if not with stamps, emails helped me a lot, and photos also on trips around Europe.
Do you enter everything in Travel history? It seems there is not enough slots. I have about 130 entries in the last 10 years but I can't really trace the road trip to USA from Canada because they never give an exit stamp.

FAIZAFAISAL

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Can u please guide me how u entered those travel dates in personal history

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can u please guide me how u entered those travel dates in personal history
Hey, I just added them on the LOE. Enter the most recent ones (20 or 30? I don't remember) and then on the LOE include all the rest in the same format. Travel dates are on the travel history, not on the personal one. The personal one is for work, internship, study, long trips...