+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel history too many rows when filling form post-ITA

can2018la

Mar 5, 2018
Need some advice please on how to handle the travel history. Due to many work assignments I have a travel history that exceeds the table provided. The instructions say one must list all trips from the age of 18 onwards, or for the past ten years. As I see it, I have two options:

1) List travel history in reverse-chrono order (most recent first) and stop when the allowed number of trips (45 or 50) is exceeded. This would remove some trips from 2008 which are in any case on the border of the 10-year rule. I found this solution in a thread when searching the forums.
2) Remove certain trips (short ones/vacations etc) by picking and choosing. This in my opinion does not comply with the spirit of the instructions as they want to see where you've been most recently.

Also, online table is infuriating because it doesn't get sorted by date -- is there a way to see it sorted somehow?

For reference, the specific error I get is:

Application/profile details
The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
  • Error Description: Problematic field:Travel history: You have reached the maximum number of records permitted for this table. If you have more data than this table holds, make sure your most recent data is captured.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Include a table in your LOE with all the travels that couldn't be mentioned in the travel history.

can2018la

Mar 5, 2018
Where is the LOE to be uploaded? Do I have to make a separate PDF file?

Upon reading the error message closely it says: "If you have more data than this table holds, make sure your most recent data is captured."

What is that limite? Is it 40 trips? 45? If there's only a few to be knocked off I won't worry. If it's more I will keep the LOE handy listing all the trips for the past ten years.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back in the day, it used to be 30, I do not know if that's still the case.

There is a placeholder for a LOE.

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
I just face this issue. The error said: ONLY 5 FIELDS ALLOWED.
However, I updated the profile previously and just added the recent travel. Recent travel has visits to 3 coutries and I noticed my total number of travels are 53. I deleted the first 3 travels, making total Travels to 50 and then it was accepted.

The Current Fields as of today is 50.

Any inputs on should I take off the first 3 travels or 2-3 insignificant travels (1 Day only, but Stamped Transits)

Reactions: MABZ

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Just to confirm, it still sits at 50 entries as of today