+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history report

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
Hi
Just a question. If all my trips outside canada have been stamped on my passport do I still need the travel history report from the border agency for my RQ?

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
i dont think so, but you know our immigration & citizenship they dont trust us.
if you dint go to usa by road you should be ok. but again, i am new to all these rules,
lets see any seniors responds.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
If they especially asked for it in RQ, you definitely need to. Even if they didn't ask, it is a better idea to provide it especially at RQ stage. If you have or had US visa or residency, it is desirable to have one. The CBSA Travel History may not always have complete information and might miss some entries though.

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
Aj
I have not been to the USA in the last 5 yrs, do you still think I have to send the travel history report. I mean I will be sending a request for it but want to send my other doc so as to proceed ahead with the process.

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
If CIC specifically mentioned to provide CBSA Traveler History in request of RQ, they may not do much further until they receive it.

If I were in your shoes, I would write a Cover Letter addressing to CIC stating that I have applied for CBSA Traveler History and would submit one as soon as I receive it. I would attach a copy of letter sent to CBSA. I would also mention how long and what US visa status did I possess in the past with a copy of evidence. I would also add that I haven't been to USA since that last date with evidence if possible. I would attach a copy of paystubs, work experience letters if working, university transcripts if student to provide an evidence that I have a strong permanent connection in Canada. I would also attach a copy of itinerary or boarding passes(if you have saved them) for all the travels outside Canada.

It all depends on your situation and evidences you can furnish. That idea is to provide a CIC officer with as much evidences as possible so that he is convinced that whatever dates you mentioned in residence calculator in citizenship application is correct and you have a strong connection in Canada.

You might have all the exit/entry dates stamped on your passport. But as you are aware, if you travel between USA and Canada, the immigration officials don't always stamp the passport. Not every applicant has been honest in declaring those unstamped information. The CIC officer might just want to verify that with CBSA Traveler Record. You might just be paying the price for the abuse the past applicants have done.

arifplc

Feb 21, 2012
london
Category........
Visa Office......
LOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-12
Doc's Request.
13/01/13
AOR Received.
21-03-12
IELTS Request
send wit application
File Transfer...
15-08-13
Med's Request
21-08-13
Med's Done....
12-10-13
Passport Req..
7/03/2014
hello senior plz help me, i am in final stage in application(medical done waiting for passport request). by mistakenly i did not provide my one of travel information in supplementary travel information form. therefore, will it be any negative impact on processing.thank you in advance.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you apply for grant of citizenship or PR?
arifplc said:
hello senior plz help me, i am in final stage in application(medical done waiting for passport request). by mistakenly i did not provide my one of travel information in supplementary travel information form. therefore, will it be any negative impact on processing.thank you in advance.