+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY/PROOF OF STAY/hiding information

shahid429

Sep 13, 2020
my query is regarding to proof of stay. I had lived in a country for approximately 6 months as an exchange student but there is no record of my stay in my passport or any other document.
Can I hide this stay information in my travel history?? Do CIC have any means to extract any information?

Reactions: classico33

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Yes they can easily find out especially if it is in one of Canada partner countries , which they share with all info regarding applicants , if you do this you will face rejection in the first stage of your application R10 completeness check , as for each 6 month stay in a country you are required to submit the corresponding PPC .

you can be rejected for incomplete application or even worse misinterpretation as you are lying on purpose to an immigration officer, you can be excluded from applying to any kind of Canadian visa/residency for 5 years.

So please don't do this as it will ruin your chances , just get the appropriate PPC from the country where you lived for 6 months or more and submit an honest application.

shahid429

Sep 13, 2020
thanks a lot for the response. actually i stayed in Slovenia for a duration of approximately five and half months but the documentation states complete six months. there is no stamp on passport and the residence permit covers only 4 months.

Do i still need PCC for the same?? and how should i proceed with the depiction of this stay?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
thanks a lot for the response. actually i stayed in Slovenia for a duration of approximately five and half months but the documentation states complete six months. there is no stamp on passport and the residence permit covers only 4 months.

Do i still need PCC for the same?? and how should i proceed with the depiction of this stay?
You do not need a PPC for a stay for less than 6 months , so no need to worry if you ve been there for 5 months.

Also you have to declare it on your travel history as you also have to specify it in your last ten years personal history anyway , if you don't declare it you will have a gap of 5 months in your personal history, so just go with it and fill it where applicable.

Sometimes officers ask for proof of travel history, you can explain in a letter of explanation about your stay and can use as an accompanying proof either a university certificate that states you have been attending the courses in that period of time , your residence permit or any other proof you may have.

it may not be necessary to do it like this but you never know , one must be careful and provide all the details and proofs necessary , this is how I would do it anyway , for peace of mind and also to provide an application as complete as possible.

Good luck.

Reactions: shahid429