+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY - PR RENEWAL

Ndrillot

Oct 31, 2013
Hello,

In the process of renewing my PR card. I'm stuck on the section regarding Travel History. I've written down all the stamps in my passport and they do not reflect my actual travel history. Not even close. I know I'm not anywhere close to over my limit on days outside of Canada. However I don't have an accurate way to tell what days I was outside of the country. My passport doesn't show it and I don't have all my Airline / bus / rail tickets from 2008 till now to look back at.

Should I be concerned? Is there a way to get your records from the Canadian Border Services?

I'm confused because I was under the impression that Border guards always stamp your passport but I'm missing tons! Not just from Canadian Border services but also the US (where I have citizenship), EU, Mexico, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

n

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's how to get your records from CBSA : http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/menu-eng.html

Here's how to get your records from the US: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/976

I suggest you get both and try to puzzle your travel history together from that.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I got the CBSA one in about a month but I am still waiting for the US CBP report. I submitted end of August.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ndrillot said:
Do you know roughly how long this take? I'm in a major time crunch
CBSA 30-60 days. CBP has a 6 month backlog based on reports on this forum. How did you pay for the travel? If you used a Credit Card it may help you narrow down the dates. Do you have e-tickets? Any frequent flyer plan? Going forward best to record your travel history on a spreadsheet as it can count the 'presence' and 'absence' days for you.

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
@ deejavu, did u pay five dollars fee? i paid by cheque...do they accept that? how did u prepare history records, on excell sheet? do we have to sign on those extra sheets?

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
how did u prepare records? on different sheet or reprinting the same page of application?

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi I think you can do either. You can look up my recent thread 3 days ago. Personally, I find excel is easier for a long travel list but it is really a personal decision.

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am travelling between Canada and U.S by car from over a year. I have all the records but because passport does not get stamped at the border, how would Canada verify my PR RO when i apply for Citizenship.

Please advise. Thanks.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Burden of proof is on you as the applicant to keep a record of your absences.

Its no bother for CIC as they will just RQ you which will involve you giving them permission to get your Canada entry records from CBSA (You do this when applying for Citizenship). if you don't consent then you get the CBSA records yourself and forward them to CIC. For US entry/ exits you get these yourself through CBP and forward them to CIC. Given the CBP backlogs you may need to start this process soon depending on when you apply for Citizenship. Check the forum for posts by eileenf she has signature url to the RQ form and the documents it asks for...you don't want to get one!!

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. I will get CBSA documents and apply with them as my proof of PR RO. Does CBSA keep records of each and every entry in and out of Canada even if passport is not stamped every time at U.S Canada border?. Thanks.

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
@ wahwah, do we hve to sign on each extra page? wat is uci no? is that uci no is on pr card? tht also we hve to write on extra sheet?? please help...thanx