+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history - PR application; Canada border crossings

Nov 23, 2022
Hi...I figure this is the best place to post this. Got my ITA today (congrats to those who got theirs as well). As I'm filling out the app for PR, I'm concerned re: travel history. I don't travel overseas often, and can pinpoint when exactly I have done so over the past 10 years; however, when it comes to land border crossings, I travel to Canada constantly. I go back and forth between Seattle and Vancouver at least twice/month. How on God's green earth am I supposed to know when (TO THE DATE) and how often I've traveled?

Reactions: Mohamed mido

Mohamed mido

Nov 23, 2022
مرحبا... أعتقد أن هذا هو أفضل مكان لنشر هذا. حصلت على ITA بلدي اليوم (تهانينا لأولئك الذين حصلوا على لهم كذلك). بينما أقوم بملء التطبيق للعلاقات العامة ، أشعر بالقلق من إعادة: تاريخ السفر. أنا لا أسافر إلى الخارج في كثير من الأحيان ، ويمكنني تحديد متى فعلت ذلك بالضبط على مدى السنوات ال 10 الماضية. ومع ذلك ، عندما يتعلق الأمر بالمعابر الحدودية البرية ، أسافر إلى كندا باستمرار. أذهب ذهابا وإيابا بين سياتل وفانكوفر مرتين على الأقل / شهر. كيف على أرض الله الخضراء من المفترض أن أعرف متى (حتى التاريخ) وكم مرة سافرت؟
[/اقتباس]
مرحبا... أعتقد أن هذا هو أفضل مكان لنشر هذا. حصلت على ITA بلدي اليوم (تهانينا لأولئك الذين حصلوا على لهم كذلك). بينما أقوم بملء التطبيق للعلاقات العامة ، أشعر بالقلق من إعادة: تاريخ السفر. أنا لا أسافر إلى الخارج في كثير من الأحيان ، ويمكنني تحديد متى فعلت ذلك بالضبط على مدى السنوات ال 10 الماضية. ومع ذلك ، عندما يتعلق الأمر بالمعابر الحدودية البرية ، أسافر إلى كندا باستمرار. أذهب ذهابا وإيابا بين سياتل وفانكوفر مرتين على الأقل / شهر. كيف على أرض الله الخضراء من المفترض أن أعرف متى (حتى التاريخ) وكم مرة سافرت؟
[/اقتباس]

Mohamed mido

Nov 23, 2022
مرحبا... أعتقد أن هذا هو أفضل مكان لنشر هذا. حصلت على ITA بلدي اليوم (تهانينا لأولئك الذين حصلوا على لهم كذلك). بينما أقوم بملء التطبيق للعلاقات العامة ، أشعر بالقلق من إعادة: تاريخ السفر. أنا لا أسافر إلى الخارج في كثير من الأحيان ، ويمكنني تحديد متى فعلت ذلك بالضبط على مدى السنوات ال 10 الماضية. ومع ذلك ، عندما يتعلق الأمر بالمعابر الحدودية البرية ، أسافر إلى كندا باستمرار. أذهب ذهابا وإيابا بين سياتل وفانكوفر مرتين على الأقل / شهر. كيف على أرض الله الخضراء من المفترض أن أعرف متى (حتى التاريخ) وكم مرة سافرت؟ [/تم التعديل]
[/اقتباس]
مرحبا ، عزيزي: أريد أن أذهب إلى كندا في الهجرة ، لكن هذه الطريقة غير مضمونة. ذلك يعتمد على الحظ. هل يمكنك مساعدتي في الذهاب إلى كندا والعيش فيها؟

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...I figure this is the best place to post this. Got my ITA today (congrats to those who got theirs as well). As I'm filling out the app for PR, I'm concerned re: travel history. I don't travel overseas often, and can pinpoint when exactly I have done so over the past 10 years; however, when it comes to land border crossings, I travel to Canada constantly. I go back and forth between Seattle and Vancouver at least twice/month. How on God's green earth am I supposed to know when (TO THE DATE) and how often I've traveled?
Are you a U.S. citizen (you mentioned being based in Seattle)? If so...it's actually not as easy as you'd think, compared to other Foreign Nationals, whose entries/exits have been tracked for years.

For entries into Canada, request your travel history directly from CBSA (ATIP request)

For entries back into the U.S., file a FOIA request with CBP.

FYI, it has always been the responsibility of the traveler to know when (and where) they entered either country...even at a land POE, but you're not the only one that has been surprised! Believe me!

Nov 23, 2022
Are you a U.S. citizen (you mentioned being based in Seattle)? If so...it's actually not as easy as you'd think, compared to other Foreign Nationals, whose entries/exits have been tracked for years.

For entries into Canada, request your travel history directly from CBSA (ATIP request)

For entries back into the U.S., file a FOIA request with CBP.

FYI, it has always been the responsibility of the traveler to know when (and where) they entered either country...even at a land POE, but you're not the only one that has been surprised! Believe me!
Thanks, this is helpful. Already submitted :) I found out they started recording exits for Americans starting June 2020, which is when the majority of my crossings started taking place, so I should be okay. Now let's just hope they can process this within 61 days!!! Luckily this is the case, because the US stopped all FOIA requests re: travel history last month.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, this is helpful. Already submitted :) I found out they started recording exits for Americans starting June 2020, which is when the majority of my crossings started taking place, so I should be okay. Now let's just hope they can process this within 61 days!!! Luckily this is the case, because the US stopped all FOIA requests re: travel history last month.
Good luck with that!

You are correct that all travelers (including U.S. and Canadian citizens) were supposed to have been `tracked' by land in 2019 and by air in 2020, as the last phase of the Beyond the Border initiative between the U.S. and Canada, but I've yet to get confirmation of that being implemented as I, too, needed similar data.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought that only online FOIA requests had been paused?

Reactions: Mohamed mido