+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History on PR Application

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
I have lived in Canada for the last nearly 8 years. (I'm a US Citizen, I was living abroad before coming to Canada)

On my PR application, it asks for all the trips I have taken outside Canada (tourism, business etc)... What if I have gone across the border to the US for day trips like shopping/visiting? I have been on so many of those the last few years, I can't possibly remember which dates I went. Do I need to report these, or do I have to call Canada Border Services to ask for this information?

Many thanks!

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
You have to report each and every trip. All the international trips outside Canada / home country will have stamping on the passport with dates, you can get travel info from there.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK_CAD said:
You have to report each and every trip. All the international trips outside Canada / home country will have stamping on the passport with dates, you can get travel info from there.
I also made a trip between Canada and home country, and reported that.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
JK_CAD said:
I don't get stamped each time I drive across the border since I'm a US citizen. That's why I'm wondering if I really have to call CBSA and ask them for that info.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a website you can access for trips to the US, can't remember the address but if you google you will find it.

It covers the last five years.

LittleBeeInCanada

Sep 9, 2014
Can we actually call CBSA? Cause I'm sure I'm missing 3-4 trips to US (less than 24 hours) when I also didn't get stamps. I was planning to write a cover letter saying that I made my best to figure our all my 1 day trips to US but missing some

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
ozlis said:
There is a website you can access for trips to the US, can't remember the address but if you google you will find it.

It covers the last five years.
Definitely useful for a lot of people, but apparently this doesn't work for US citizens living in Canada :( what a pain!
I did some searching and it seems like I have to actually request for it online through CBSA. Takes up to 30 days! :eek:
Might phone in tomorrow to double check though.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh right, totally didn't read your original post!

I'm under the impression that travel from your home and Canada don't need to be listed. Maybe someone can jump in here?

LittleBeeInCanada

Sep 9, 2014
Do you guys know if I have to put to my travels my original entry to Canada on my student visa? I'm on a postgrad now. There is no end date of this travel if I put it :-\

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
LittleBeeInCanada said:
Do you guys know if I have to put to my travels my original entry to Canada on my student visa? I'm on a postgrad now. There is no end date of this travel if I put it :-\
Wondering the same thing too. ???

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hi. Do we need to report all the job related trips and in which sections?