+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History in PR Application

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
I am filling my travel history under the personal details sections in the PR application, and I have a question for you guys:

My understanding is that I should NOT report my travel between my home country and my country of residence (which is Canada in this case), is that right?

I only reported trips to countries other than my home country and Canada. Did I get that right?

Another general question, when I finish this part of the application and proceed to the next step where I get my personalized checklist and upload the required documents, would I be able to go back and make changes to this part of the application?

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
dan_and said:
Yes, only trip outside of either your home country or country of residence must be included.

Yes, you can go back and make changes any time before submitting payment.
Another related question, my wife (who is a Canadian born citizen) used to live in another country before she moved back to Canada in 2010 -this was 3 days after she turned 18. At that time, she had a residence visa of the other country but not anymore.

When I file her travel history, should I include her trips between Canada and her previous country of residence?
Should I do that only for the trips happened after her residence visa expired?
Or should I add all her trips since she turned 18? In this case, the first trip would look like that:
to: 2010, September (the date when she moved back to Canada)

Thanks!

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Also, how should we deal with trips to multiple destinations?

Say I travelled from Canada to France, stayed there for a few days, then from there travelled to Spain and stayed there for another few days before coming back to Canada.

If I consider this as one trip (which is what I am assuming), should I use the first destination (or maybe the one I stayed longer at) as the country of visit?

Thanks again!

Radu1981

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2015
Doc's Request.
26 May 2016
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
20 December 2015
Passport Req..
7 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2016
LANDED..........
25 June 2016
mahmou21 said:
Also, how should we deal with trips to multiple destinations?

Say I travelled from Canada to France, stayed there for a few days, then from there travelled to Spain and stayed there for another few days before coming back to Canada.

If I consider this as one trip (which is what I am assuming), should I use the first destination (or maybe the one I stayed longer at) as the country of visit?

Thanks again!
You have to add all your trips and dosen't matter if it was for one day or for more days
For example : from X date to x date,destination/country: France, purpose of visit: ......
from x date to x date,destination/country: Spain, purpose of visit: .......
from x date to an going,destination/country: Canada, purpose of visit: work,.....

You must include all your trips in the last 10 year and don't leave any gaps between all your trips

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for your input. Mind you, the last trip in this example is to my country of residence (Canada) - I thought we are not supposed to report these or trips to my home country. Right?

Live life

May 6, 2017
Under travel history do we need to mention trips made between country of origin and country of residence ( my country of origin is India and country of residence is Singapore)?