+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history help - OINP

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have noticed that you were in Canada for less than 5 years but since you had not left Canada in this period you answered no to the question “Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 5 years?”. Was answering “no” ok? Did you receive your nomination with this answer?
I shouldn't have answered no. But I contacted OINP after receiving my nomination and they said it was fine.

distal

Sep 23, 2022
I shouldn't have answered no. But I contacted OINP after receiving my nomination and they said it was fine.
So you mean eventhough you have not left Canada since you arrived, you had to say you travelled outside of Canada because you were somewhere else in the past 5 years? I though it means that you travel from Canada to somewhere else and return. I am confused

distal

Sep 23, 2022
So you mean eventhough you have not left Canada since you arrived, you had to say you travelled outside of Canada because you were somewhere else in the past 5 years? I though it means that you travel from Canada to somewhere else and return. I am confused
Did they mention that you need to list every travel in the last 5 years before coming to Canada in the same section? Because there is another section for avtivities as well

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Correct, travels before entering Canada count.

Did they mention that you need to list every travel in the last 5 years before coming to Canada in the same section? Because there is another section for avtivities as well
I assume so. I selected no so not sure. There is another section for activities which I filled out with my travels which I thought would seem contradictory. But again, I explained to OINP on the phone and they said nothing to worry about, if I got the nomination, they saw nothing wrong with my application.

distal

Sep 23, 2022
Correct, travels before entering Canada count.

I assume so. I selected no so not sure. There is another section for activities which I filled out with my travels which I thought would seem contradictory. But again, I explained to OINP on the phone and they said nothing to worry about, if I got the nomination, they saw nothing wrong with my application.
Thanks. So you only talked to them after being nominate? then you got the nomination by answering no to that question and listing travel in the other section?