+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history form. Trips outside previous country of residence?

tangypasta

Nov 11, 2022
Sirs and Madams,

Could you please help me. I got an ITA recently and I am trying to establish how to fill out the travel history form. I lived in UAE from 2017-2019. During that period I visited Russia briefly for tourism and also Singapore. I also visited Dubai recently for one month and now I'm back in my home country India. In my travel history, should I mention that I was in UAE between 2017-2019 or will that go into address history? Some ppl say we need to fill every single trip, and some ppl say that we need to only mention trips outside country of residence and citizenship. I'm so confused what to do sir.

Is there someone who can help me plz? @Islander216 islander sir, plz? Anyone?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I don't think there are any hard rules - as long as you're not hiding anything it will be fine.
You should definitely put Dubai in your address history.
Then in travel, you put a flight to Dubai (it was travel after all) and in notes you mention it was a one way flight which was the beginning of your stay in Dubai (for work or whatever other reason).
Then all travels from Dubai.
And then the return flight back to India and again a note that this is when you finished your stay/work/residency (whatever is applicable) in Dubai.

Hope this makes sense.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Anywhere you were staying for more than 6 months needs to be part of your address history, so Dubai would definitely be part of your address history. Anywhere you were working or studying has to be part of your address history.

Other than that, mention all trips to other countries from your country of residence during this period.

Do not leave anything out, it needs to be exhaustive.

tangypasta

Nov 11, 2022
I don't think there are any hard rules - as long as you're not hiding anything it will be fine.
You should definitely put Dubai in your address history.
Then in travel, you put a flight to Dubai (it was travel after all) and in notes you mention it was a one way flight which was the beginning of your stay in Dubai (for work or whatever other reason).
Then all travels from Dubai.
And then the return flight back to India and again a note that this is when you finished your stay/work/residency (whatever is applicable) in Dubai.

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you Andy sir. So what you mean is that I don't need to mention my visits from Dubai to India in the meanwhile? am I right sir? Like I don't need to mention family visits in the travel history. but tell everything in the address history.

tangypasta

Nov 11, 2022
Anywhere you were staying for more than 6 months needs to be part of your address history, so Dubai would definitely be part of your address history. Anywhere you were working or studying has to be part of your address history.

Other than that, mention all trips to other countries from your country of residence during this period.

Do not leave anything out, it needs to be exhaustive.
Thank u islander sir. So what you are suggesting is that I mention all trips when I was living in Dubai, even if I visited my county of citizenship, India? During my two year stay in Dubai.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
From what I remember you don't have to list trips to your country of citizenship, but if you provide the wording for travel history I can confirm that for you.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thank you Andy sir. So what you mean is that I don't need to mention my visits from Dubai to India in the meanwhile? am I right sir? Like I don't need to mention family visits in the travel history. but tell everything in the address history.
I believe that EVERY trip has to be mentioned. For example, I have dual citizenship - I was born in Poland but I've been living in the UK for over 17 years. I fly to Poland 2-3 times every year and I listed all of those trips.
I had a consultation with an immigration lawyer (she's not representing me - I just asked her a few questions about the application) and she said that every trip must be mentioned and if I don't remember exact dates, I need to provide at least approximate ones.

tangypasta

Nov 11, 2022
I believe that EVERY trip has to be mentioned. For example, I have dual citizenship - I was born in Poland but I've been living in the UK for over 17 years. I fly to Poland 2-3 times every year and I listed all of those trips.
I had a consultation with an immigration lawyer (she's not representing me - I just asked her a few questions about the application) and she said that every trip must be mentioned and if I don't remember exact dates, I need to provide at least approximate ones.
okay, I will list all the trips then. Thanks to @Islander216 sir also for giving his opinion and always helping.