+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History for citizenship application

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
After becoming permanent resident of Canada i acquired a new citizenship from another country other than the one i used its passport to land as a PR. So now i have two passports. Passport A which i used to apply for Express entey and land in Canada and Passport B which i acquired while living in canada. My question is, if I travel using passport B will it reflect on my travel history report? I am worried that if i used my second passport to travel it won't show on my travel history report when I apply for citizenship later on.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
After becoming permanent resident of Canada i acquired a new citizenship from another country other than the one i used its passport to land as a PR. So now i have two passports. Passport A which i used to apply for Express entey and land in Canada and Passport B which i acquired while living in canada. My question is, if I travel using passport B will it reflect on my travel history report? I am worried that if i used my second passport to travel it won't show on my travel history report when I apply for citizenship later on.
In the citizenship application you need to list and provide details about all passports you held during the five years eligibility period. In addition you need to provide copies of bio pages of all passports, and later bring passports to the interview.

So don’t worry, they’ll find your travels.

Reactions: kushari and Dana.D

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
In the citizenship application you need to list and provide details about all passports you held during the five years eligibility period. In addition you need to provide copies of bio pages of all passports, and later bring passports to the interview.

So don’t worry, they’ll find your travels.
Hi, one question regarding the eligibility period. For the 5 years, I stayed in Canada in the last 3.5 years. So, they will check the last 3.5 years my travel records or the whole 5 years records? Thanks

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
IRCC checks travels made during your eligibility period.

I know that dpenabil can expand this single sentence answer to several pages, but in summary that’s it.

Reactions: jc94