+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel history - family member's visit

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

When filling out travel history for myself, I see below question. Not sure what the intent is.

"Has Sameer, and if applicable, Sameer 's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. "

If family members were visiting without any members on application, does it count as Yes to this queston?

Thanks for your help!

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

When filling out travel history for myself, I see below question. Not sure what the intent is.

"Has Sameer, and if applicable, Sameer 's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. "

If family members were visiting without any members on application, does it count as Yes to this queston?

Thanks for your help!
Hi kseekba27...I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question...but the question is referring to you and any of your family members who are included in your application. IRCC wants to know the travel history in the last 10 years for all of you so it can them out... so it doesn't matter who was visiting without who...you just need to list all travel done by you and the family members who are apart of your application, in the last 10 years. So, if for example, your application covers you, a spouse, and 2 children, and you AND/OR your spouse AND/OR child 1 AND/OR child 2 travelled outside of your home country in the last 10 years, you should answer 'Yes'

kseekba27

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi kseekba27...I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question...but the question is referring to you and any of your family members who are included in your application. IRCC wants to know the travel history in the last 10 years for all of you so it can them out... so it doesn't matter who was visiting without who...you just need to list all travel done by you and the family members who are apart of your application, in the last 10 years. So, if for example, your application covers you, a spouse, and 2 children, and you AND/OR your spouse AND/OR child 1 AND/OR child 2 travelled outside of your home country in the last 10 years, you should answer 'Yes'
Thanks, your example brings me closer to clearing this confusion.
Family members don't mean Parents or siblings here correct?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks, your example brings me closer to clearing this confusion.
Family members don't mean Parents or siblings here correct?
No, I think it just means the people for whom you're applying for PR along with yourself. For example, I'm a single applicant (no accompanying spouse or dependents), and I only listed my travel history. I didn't list my parents and siblings' travel history, even though I provided their information under the 'Family Information' section of the eAPR, because they're not coming with me.

Bharti Jha

Mar 4, 2021
I am applying for Canada PR for myself and spouse only. Do I need to mention only my and my spouse travel history details or my other family member details as well like: My brothers, sisters and parents as I have mentioned their names under family details.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am applying for Canada PR for myself and spouse only. Do I need to mention only my and my spouse travel history details or my other family member details as well like: My brothers, sisters and parents as I have mentioned their names under family details.
Only yours and spouse travel history details are needed.