+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history - difference countries of residence (post ITA)

Grinton

Aug 7, 2019
Canada
I am currently a resident of Canada (work permit).
I have been a resident in the Netherlands, which is not my origin country, for one year.

With regards to the travel history, my understanding is that I don't need to include trips to my current country of residence (Canada) even if they were made before I was a resident of Canada - hence I'm not including trips to Canada.

Also, my understanding is that I don't have to include trips to my country of origin, even after I have become a resident somewhere else.

What about the Netherlands? Obviously it appears in my address history, but should I mention it in my travel history as a former residency? I guess with 1-year trip?

Please confirm whether this is the correct way of doing it

Thank you

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
If you are resident of country A and went to countries B,C,D,E and then back to A. You need to mention all the trips from A to B, A to C, A to D and etc..

Let's say you are a resident of Canada on work permit, and went to your origin country A, for X months and came back to Canada, you need to mention that trip in your travel history.

Reactions: Grinton

Grinton

Aug 7, 2019
Canada
If you are resident of country A and went to countries B,C,D,E and then back to A. You need to mention all the trips from A to B, A to C, A to D and etc..

Let's say you are a resident of Canada on work permit, and went to your origin country A, for X months and came back to Canada, you need to mention that trip in your travel history.
Ah ok, then I was wrong. I thought that my origin country shouldn't be included in my travel history at all.

What should I insert when I have spent 1 year in country B (working) which was neither Canada nor my origin country?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Ah ok, then I was wrong. I thought that my origin country shouldn't be included in my travel history at all.

What should I insert when I have spent 1 year in country B (working) which was neither Canada nor my origin country?
In that case, you left country A and went to country B for 1 year on a work permit. So, the trip would be
Deaprted A / Arrived B on X/X/2018 and Departed B / Arrived A on X/X/2019 [Something on these lines, I hope you get my point]. Note: You will need a PCC from that country where you were working.