+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History Details

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Posted by mistake in a different section. Pasting here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm filling out my application for EE and having query on the information I need to provide.
In the past 10 years I've lived in 4 different countries other than my country of origin, India, including now in Canada and previously in Singapore.
I understand, I do not have to fill the details of my travels from Canada to India, i.e., between my country of residence and country of origin.
Do i have to fill up the details of travel between Singapore (which was my country of residence at that point) and India? There are literally 100's of travels that fall in that category and I do not want to fill up details that are not important.
Thanks for helping out.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Yes, you need to fill out all trips to all countries except your current country of residence and your country of origin. It doesn't matter that Singapore was your country of residence in the past, you still need to list all trips regardless.

884Thunder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Is it ok to have gaps in travel history?
I know that personal history in schedule A is not allowed but how about in travel history?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Is it ok to have gaps in travel history?
I know that personal history in schedule A is not allowed but how about in travel history?

Address history and personal history should not have gaps. There ircc definitely expects that you existed somewhere continually (and not just pop in and out of existence ;)) at least for the past ten years. Before that they could care less if you materialized out of thin air :p.

Jokes aside .. Yes it's okay to have gaps in travel history. ircc does not expect you to be constantly on the road :).

884Thunder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Good evening everyone,,,

My current work permit expires end of January 2018.
I have applied for permanent resident under PNP last November, but I did not receive AOR yet!
My file number changed from XEP to EP in January 2017.
In March 2017, I have received request letter " includes my UCI and Application number" asking me to pay my RPRF "Right of Permanent resident fee and more information "an updated form for my travel history since I left one month gap!
since that I did not hear anything. I did call CIC and I sent case specific inquiry and I told them I have not received my AOR yet but nothing.
Now, I am gonna apply for BOWP.
I don't have AOR, although I do have my nomination certificate, thee request letter that I got online asking for more infomation.
Now, can I just apply online and attach all the documents that I have plus a written letter explaining the situation here!
Would that will work?
Please guys I need help here since I have to apply soooooon.
Btw when I checked online "Online tool, it says they started processing my application January 2017"

Thanks,,
I seen on other thread that this guy posted he got request from CIC to send again Travel history because he left one month gap.Thats why I was curious if is ok to fill without gaps.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I seen on other thread that this guy posted he got request from CIC to send again Travel history because he left one month gap.Thats why I was curious if is ok to fill without gaps.
Hmm, it didn't make sense to me because in travel history one typically makes a list of all the trips taken. The post isn't very clear on what was meant by a gap. As long as you are listing all the details around all trips and that should be sufficient.

For example is one of your trips was from June 2009 to Aug 2009, ircc is NOT expecting your next trip to start from Aug or sep 2009. The next trip could be Mar 2013 even.

Maybe the person posting meant personal history and mistyped it as travel?

884Thunder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
I agree with you, I think this person made a mistake,I think he probably wanted to say Personal History.
Thank you so much for your explanation I really appreciate that :)

spider28

Apr 29, 2019
I need help with travel history form.

I have lived in USA for my MBA education but i am from Pakistan. While writing travel history, do i also have to write my trips to Pakistan in Christmas vacations ? Pakistan is my home country.

For instance, i made a 2-weeks trip from USA to Pakistan. Do i have to write that as well in travel history ? Presently, i have written my travel history as follow:

2015-08 to 2015-12 ---- MBA FIRST SEMESTER

(Traveled to Pakistan during Christmas break & then returned for second semester)

2016-01 to 2016-07----- MBA SECOND SEMESTER

2016-07 to 2016-08 ------ London Summer Exchange Course

2016-08 to 2017-05 ----- MBA 3rd & 4th Semester

Do i have to mention my trip to Pakistan during Christmas ?

Help needed @mandiebraxton , @rajkamalmohanram @884Thunder

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I need help with travel history form.

I have lived in USA for my MBA education but i am from Pakistan. While writing travel history, do i also have to write my trips to Pakistan in Christmas vacations ? Pakistan is my home country.

For instance, i made a 2-weeks trip from USA to Pakistan. Do i have to write that as well in travel history ? Presently, i have written my travel history as follow:

2015-08 to 2015-12 ---- MBA FIRST SEMESTER

(Traveled to Pakistan during Christmas break & then returned for second semester)

2016-01 to 2016-07----- MBA SECOND SEMESTER

2016-07 to 2016-08 ------ London Summer Exchange Course

2016-08 to 2017-05 ----- MBA 3rd & 4th Semester

Do i have to mention my trip to Pakistan during Christmas ?

Help needed @mandiebraxton , @rajkamalmohanram @884Thunder
I did not have any international trips when I applied but based on what people I know did when they had to fill out the international travel section, I would strongly recommend that you mention all the trips, just to be on the safe side.

If they consider the information superfluous, they'll just ignore it. In case they consider the information insufficient, they might send you a document request (Schedule A).

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Not OP but I have a related question. How do you define travel? Let's say I landed by plane in City A in country 1. I visited 3 cities then went by car to country 2 and then came back to country 1 for flight back. Do I have to mentioned even multiple stops in case of road trips in multiple countries?

Thanks