+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History check

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I also live very close to the border and cross once or twice a week for gas and/or groceries. I don't have a list of all my crossings, but pulled records from the cbsa and was as accurate as possible during my application. Haven't had the interview yet, but with over 1,500 days of physical presence I can't see there being any issues with these trips.
He has over 1,700 days of physical presence. :)

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
So I94 only showed the crossing records up to some time in 2015 for us. We applied for travel history from cbsa as well. But we are waiting for the result.

So this long weekend hubby ended up looking at his google account and tracked all his google map tracking from Oct 2013 to 2015. I think we got most of those border crossing gas fill-up trips.
Hi,

hope all went good with your application, can you please advise if the Travel report from CBSA has included the exits or just the entries, I have requested mine last week but can't wait till they send, very curious to know if the CBSA are able to show the exits or not even if it was to USA.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

hope all went good with your application, can you please advise if the Travel report from CBSA has included the exits or just the entries, I have requested mine last week but can't wait till they send, very curious to know if the CBSA are able to show the exits or not even if it was to USA.
The report we got show both exits and entries (all US travel for us).

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
Hi,

If you went to US, the best bet is to get your entry records from USA. I dont think my CBSA report showed exit dates as they dont scan our passport or do anything when we leave Canada.

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
If you went to US, the best bet is to get your entry records from USA. I dont think my CBSA report showed exit dates as they dont scan our passport or do anything when we leave Canada.
thanks for your reply, actually I went to USA just one time before becoming a PR, it was even with my old passport so not the one I have since 4 years now, I don't prefer that CO can get this when he request travel history from CBSA, as then he might get suspicious as everyone else mentioned and ask for travel history from USA or maybe RQ, specially as I didn't mention this travel in my application simply coz it was before being PR and as I don't have a US visa now, so I didn't hide information but in the application you don't actually have to mention your travel before the landing as it was just a short trip 2 weeks?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
thanks for your reply, actually I went to USA just one time before becoming a PR, it was even with my old passport so not the one I have since 4 years now, I don't prefer that CO can get this when he request travel history from CBSA, as then he might get suspicious as everyone else mentioned and ask for travel history from USA or maybe RQ, specially as I didn't mention this travel in my application simply coz it was before being PR and as I don't have a US visa now, so I didn't hide information but in the application you don't actually have to mention your travel before the landing as it was just a short trip 2 weeks?
You have to list all your travels during the eligibility period! This has nothing to do with when you became PR.

Reactions: YVR123

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
You have to list all your travels during the eligibility period! This has nothing to do with when you became PR.
thanks for your reply, I just rechecked the application and the calculator and you can only list your travel after the landing, however for the eligibility period which is 5 yrs back from application day you should list the places where you lived and worked but not the travel for leisure for 2 weeks, so that's the dilemma I have now!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thanks for your reply, I just rechecked the application and the calculator and you can only list your travel after the landing, however for the eligibility period which is 5 yrs back from application day you should list the places where you lived and worked but not the travel for leisure for 2 weeks, so that's the dilemma I have now!
I don't think that's correct. You need to list all travel within the eligibility period. (This is how they can calculate your days in Canada. Before PR is count as 0.5 days and a full day after PR. But if you were not in Canada (i.e. traveling), within the eligible period and before you become PR, they can take that 0.5 days out from the calculation.

We listed ALL days (including day trips) that hubby traveled outside.

Reactions: Andame

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
sorry I forgot to ask you, so you have requested CBSA for a travel history, and it didn't show your exits to USA or because you didn't travel to USA?
thanks for the advise