3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Thanks @3bdcanada. Another question regarding Transit through USA:
My wife is planning to go to India within a few days. I am trying to submit the application before that. But if everything is not ready by then I have to wait for two more weeks. While coming back she is returning through US. Unlike other transits, she has to do some immigration formalities in US. So that situation may be different. So will I have to enter in the remarks field about US transit because it may appear in US boarder crossing.

I am trying to submit before that. But at the same time I dont want to make some mistakes in a hurry also.
If she is entering Canada through US, she would definitely have to declare it.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks @3bdcanada. Another question regarding Transit through USA:
My wife is planning to go to India within a few days. I am trying to submit the application before that. But if everything is not ready by then I have to wait for two more weeks. While coming back she is returning through US. Unlike other transits, she has to do some immigration formalities in US. So that situation may be different. So will I have to enter in the remarks field about US transit because it may appear in US boarder crossing.

I am trying to submit before that. But at the same time I dont want to make some mistakes in a hurry also.
Transiting somewhere is not a visit nor is it residing there, even if you need a transit visa.

You can list it as part of the trip description, but it's not a destination she visited, so it does not seem essential to do so.

IRCC does not have access (without explicit approval) to CBP records. If those are requested you'll be asked for more information, so can clarify at that point. And moreover, if those records are requested they will indicate that this was a transit visa, likely with an entry and exit on the same day.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
If she is entering Canada through US, she would definitely have to declare it.
Thanks. I was also thinking it should be written in the remarks that the transit was through US. But the destination country will be India.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Transiting somewhere is not a visit nor is it residing there, even if you need a transit visa.

You can list it as part of the trip description, but it's not a destination she visited, so it does not seem essential to do so.

IRCC does not have access (without explicit approval) to CBP records. If those are requested you'll be asked for more information, so can clarify at that point. And moreover, if those records are requested they will indicate that this was a transit visa, likely with an entry and exit on the same day.
I was thinking it should be written in the remarks that the transit was through US. But the destination country will be India. I was thinking that CIC know about this transit because of immigration done at US unlike most other transits. From your reply I understand that mentioning that or not doesn't make much difference at this point.
Thanks !!!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I was thinking it should be written in the remarks that the transit was through US. But the destination country will be India. I was thinking that CIC know about this transit because of immigration done at US unlike most other transits. From your reply I understand that mentioning that or not doesn't make much difference at this point.
Thanks !!!
I happened to have a look at the physical presence calculator. If you visit multiple countries in one trip the main one is the one you would list, and the other one(s) would get mentioned in the description. Adding a "Visiting India for <reasons>, flight transiting in the US at <airport code>" or something means all the necessary information is there.

(Come to think of it - it makes sense to mention the transit. There'll be an entry in the passport for the visa, so this way the Citizenship Officer knows it'll be there, so that makes reviewing the passport easier.)

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I happened to have a look at the physical presence calculator. If you visit multiple countries in one trip the main one is the one you would list, and the other one(s) would get mentioned in the description. Adding a "Visiting India for <reasons>, flight transiting in the US at <airport code>" or something means all the necessary information is there.

(Come to think of it - it makes sense to mention the transit. There'll be an entry in the passport for the visa, so this way the Citizenship Officer knows it'll be there, so that makes reviewing the passport easier.)
That is a good idea. Thanks @btbt !!!