+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history - CBSA

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Hello guys,

I'v been a daily silent follower of this forum for over 2 years now and I didn't think that I would actually need to request help. But here I am asking for your guidance/advice.
What's the best way to get my travel history other than submitting an ATIP form thru CBSA. ( might take up to 30days).
I just noticed that I'm missing some stamps on my passport...

PS:Thank you spyfy for all your contribution !

bbtus

Oct 12, 2017
I am missing quite a few stamps too. In fact, for some of my trips to USA, I don't have exit or entry stamps. I have been going through my pictures and looking at the dates I took them to figure out the exact dates :)

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
lol sucks man. But thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm not really a selfie guy :p . So ATIP is my only option :(

bbtus

Oct 12, 2017
This may not be new info for you, but I saw "If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 5, section D of your application form permits Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to collect the report on your behalf." on http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html#a1.

Also, specifically for USA, I got my report online here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Correct. But the issue is: we can not submit the citizenship calculator form without the dates :(

glob

Oct 6, 2017
How likely would a significant number of travels (more than 40 in the 5-year period) trigger non-routine processing, RQ in particular?
The total number of days present is about 1300 (with 1095 required).

Some of the travels are weekend trips to the USA, some - tourism (Argentina, Cuba, Mexico etc.), some - travels to home country while working from home.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
How likely would a significant number of travels (more than 40 in the 5-year period) trigger non-routine processing, RQ in particular?

Some of the travels are weekend trips to the USA, some - tourism (Argentina, Cuba, Mexico etc.), some - travels to home country while working from home.
1. No one knows.
2. In what way would the answer help you?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

I had about the same amount of travels and it did not trigger RQ in my case. Just make sure your buffer is enough.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
What's the best way to get my travel history other than submitting an ATIP form thru CBSA. ( might take up to 30days).

Thats the only way..There is no other way!!...Better to get this report on hand before applying or it can delay your application as stated on IRCC website

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Out of 20 trips to US, just 1 trip exit is missing in my cbsa report. This is from November 2015. The entry back to Canada is there in cbsa report.

When I look at US i94 report, I see both entry and exit for this particular trip.

Anyone with issue ? Is my i94 enough to show that I went on a particular day?

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Guys, please have a look at this post. I had issues during my interview yesterday after the test. IRCC basically asked to get my own proof and said they won;t get this info from CBSA even though I said YES to sharing my info in the application form.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/interview-issues-on-day-of-the-citizenship-test.548883/
This is unfortunate. Goes to show the inconsistency on how rules are applied by CIC officers (very person dependant). Good luck and keep us posted on how you resolve it.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Physical presence calculator says "If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."

This is confusing!

If I travelled to India via Dubai or London, which is the place I should show as destination ? I believe it is India. Dubai or London was only a transit of hardly two hours where you did not visit, did not have a visa, did not come out of airport. The purpose of the trip like visiting relatives, vacation etc are also relevant for India in this case.

Or, is this not applicable for transits? Can someone throw some light?

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Physical presence calculator says "If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field."

This is confusing!

If I travelled to India via Dubai or London, which is the place I should show as destination ? I believe it is India. Dubai or London was only a transit of hardly two hours where you did not visit, did not have a visa, did not come out of airport. The purpose of the trip like visiting relatives, vacation etc are also relevant for India in this case.

Or, is this not applicable for transits? Can someone throw some light?
This is not applicable to transit in between connecting flights.
Unless you cross the passport control and enter the country, you are not considered a visitor of this country.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
This is not applicable to transit in between connecting flights.
Unless you cross the passport control and enter the country, you are not considered a visitor of this country.
Thanks @3bdcanada. Another question regarding Transit through USA:
My wife is planning to go to India within a few days. I am trying to submit the application before that. But if everything is not ready by then I have to wait for two more weeks. While coming back she is returning through US. Unlike other transits, she has to do some immigration formalities in US. So that situation may be different. So will I have to enter in the remarks field about US transit because it may appear in US boarder crossing.

I am trying to submit before that. But at the same time I dont want to make some mistakes in a hurry also.