+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history between Canada and Country of Origin

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I am from India. I originally came to Canada in 2018. I have been living here since. In between I have one 4 weeks vacation to India to visit parents. I have never visited any other country.

Is my travel history zero?

Should I list the first time I visited Canada as travel history?
Should I add the 4 week vacation to my country of origin as travel history?

Does adding this or not adding this change my Address history? I still paid rent in Canada and received mail even when I was on the 4 week vacation.

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Bump. I would really like an answer to this question.
I have only ever taken 3 international flights, so I don't mind listing everything, but I am struggling with the format.

Timeline:
1. 2018 Travel to Canada on study permit from India.
2. 2022 June Travel to India to visit family.
3. 2022 July travel back to Canada

My question is will I have 2 or 3 entries in my travel history. Are 2 and 3 considered a round trip since it was just a vacation, or do I have to separately mention my return trip to Canada ?

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
So you are suggesting I record the trip from Canada to India but don't need to record the return trip back from India to Canada

hooper

Aug 20, 2022
Travel history would be:
1. travel to Canada - 2018-ongoing
2. Travel to India - June 2022-July 2022

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So you are suggesting I record the trip from Canada to India but don't need to record the return trip back from India to Canada
Travels between country of origin and country of residence aren't required to be listed. I think the instructions are pretty clear on the application.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
In my case, my country of residence is Canada since 2014 and I had the interpretation that I didn't need to report travels to my country of origin (from reading the IMM5562 instructions). Now I think it would have been better to report it anyway (no issues with extra information).

My Timeline had the following format (I could only enter the year and month):
1 - 2014 Travel to Canada from my country of origin. Length: less than 1 day.
Reason: Take a connection flight to Winnipeg, then Winnipeg/Canada became my country of residence.
2 - 2019 June travel to New York/US. Length: less than 1 day. Reason: Take a connection flight to my country of origin to have vacation.
3 - 2019 July travel to Orlando/US. Length: less than 1 day. Reason: Take a connection flight to Chicago/US.
4 - 2019 July travel to Chicago/US. Length: less than 1 day. Reason: Take a connection flight to Winnipeg/Canada.

Someone knows if this mistake can cause some issue when applying for citizenship (or after)? I spent 2 weeks vacation in this travel for my country of origin and this is not reported in the previous application (resident permanent), but I should use this information in the Physical Presence Calculation form.