+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History and Background Declaration

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

Yesterday I received a letter for additional documents for the below. My thoughts are in bold.

• Passport/Travel Doc (Multiple): The passport copy you have provided expires shortly. Please provide a scanned copy of an updated passport; ensure that the document submitted is valid for at least the next six (6) months. I already applied for my passport renewal and I can provide as soon as I receive it.
  • Travel History: A separate and newly completed Supplementary Travel Information form (IMM 5562) bearing an original signature. Include all trips: tourism, business, training etc. taken outside your country of origin or of residence. Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. This must be received at this office by: This must be received at this office by:2020/09/09. My country of origin is India and country of residence is US. So when I submitted my profile I believe I checked did not travel since I never travelled to any other country and they were asking for my travel details outside of country of origin or of residence. Can I do the same again or should I list my last 8 years of US stay as travel? Also one thing to note is in the portal instructions(? symbol next to upload file button) it asks about my US visa details and history. I don't know if it is personalized or generic based on country of residence. If I have to submit it, I'm considering writing a letter of explanation and merging all the pdf files. Is that the correct thing to do?
  • Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Be sure to not leave any gaps. This must be received at this office by:2020/09/09
Has anyone received such request?