+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Exemption

Dec 6, 2016
Dears,

I have received my COPR 2 months ago, and I have an employment contract since January, and my role is considered as an essential service (Cyber security analyst).
Am I exempted from travel restriction or not?
As per the government website, Work permit holder is exempted, and COPR holder is not exempted, but I couldn't find anything about COPR holder with a job contract.

Do you think If I traveled with a proof of employment I will be allowed to enter? I will prepare a 14 days plan for quarantine and will book a 3 nights hotel as well, etc...

Thank you,
Charbel

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to apply for a work permit but first you need to see if your employer needs a LMIA or is the NOC LMIA exempt.

Dec 6, 2016
My Employer started with the work permit process, but he canceled it after I received my COPR.
I Don't know if I can have 2 valid status when entering Canada (Work permit and COPR).

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I am exempt from travel restrictions as an immediate family of PR. I sent webform to prioritize my application. Both my application submitted & webform has passed its timelines. Is it really taking this long now for all applications?
Does anyone had similar experience or know anyone who had similar experience?