+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel during spouse PR sponsorship

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,
There are a lot of informations on whether the principal applicant/sponsor can travel during the time their documents are submitted for sponsorship.
So i thought, I will ask here to confirm ? :)
We are submitting our documents this week, when can we travel after submitting the PR sponsorship documents ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
There are a lot of informations on whether the principal applicant/sponsor can travel during the time their documents are submitted for sponsorship.
So i thought, I will ask here to confirm ? :)
We are submitting our documents this week, when can we travel after submitting the PR sponsorship documents ?
You won't be getting a confirmation, as there are no guarantees if you leave Canada. If you are applying inland and are refused re-entry, the app will be abandoned. If you apply outland and are refused re-entry, the outland app processes as normal.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
You won't be getting a confirmation, as there are no guarantees if you leave Canada. If you are applying inland and are refused re-entry, the app will be abandoned. If you apply outland and are refused re-entry, the outland app processes as normal.
He is an inland applicant with a valid close work permit. I have a PR ... still we cannot travel ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He is an inland applicant with a valid close work permit. I have a PR ... still we cannot travel ?
You can certainly travel, with the caveat that he is not guaranteed re-entry. On the off chance he is refused re-entry, the inland app is done and you need to reapply outland.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
You can certainly travel, with the caveat that he is not guaranteed re-entry. On the off chance he is refused re-entry, the inland app is done and you need to reapply outland.
but why would he be refused the re-entry ? even if the PR is rejected he would still have the close wp right ?
(P.S. Just a question ? .. not sure if its too confusiing )

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
but why would he be refused the re-entry ? even if the PR is rejected he would still have the close wp right ?
(P.S. Just a question ? .. not sure if its too confusiing )
No foreign national has the right of entry to Canada. The risk is very small but still there.

Reactions: Tech_girl123