+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel during PR process

Faraaz_kHAN

Jan 4, 2022
Hi,

I am currently in Canada possessing a TRV and a work permit. I just got my approval for PR, but have an urgent travel due to a family emergency. When responding o the PR approval email, should I mention I am in Canada or outside as I will be flying in 4 days. Also, can I re-enter the country on my TRV after replying to the email?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Faraaz.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am currently in Canada possessing a TRV and a work permit. I just got my approval for PR, but have an urgent travel due to a family emergency. When responding o the PR approval email, should I mention I am in Canada or outside as I will be flying in 4 days. Also, can I re-enter the country on my TRV after replying to the email?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Faraaz.
If you reply that you are in Canda they will land you virtually and you will need a PR card or PRTD to return to Canada by plane. Your TRV will get cancelled. if you say you are abroad you will have to arrange passport stamping in a neighbouring country because there are no offices in Iran. It is generally done by courier to Turkey. How long will you be abroad? You may be able to delay until you return if your travels are relatively short.