+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Documents

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
I need to apply TRAVEL DOCUMENT, because I would like to return to Canada. I`m in Brazil. I got the "confirmation of permanent residence" issued on June 9, 2010 and valid until 04 December 2012. I was in Canada just two weeks. Will I need to prove my permanent resident obligations? Can I have some problem to get the TRAVEL DOCUMENT or to enter Canada. When I left Canada had not received my permanent resident card.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
voicetel said:
I need to apply TRAVEL DOCUMENT, because I would like to return to Canada. I`m in Brazil. I got the "confirmation of permanent residence" issued on June 9, 2010 and valid until 04 December 2012. I was in Canada just two weeks. Will I need to prove my permanent resident obligations? Can I have some problem to get the TRAVEL DOCUMENT or to enter Canada. When I left Canada had not received my permanent resident card.
Why do you need a travel document? Your PR card is still valid.

If you landed on June 9, 2010 and stayed for two weeks, you would have to move to Canada by June 23, 2013 in order to be able to comply with the residency obligation. If you are returning to Canada by 4 December 2012, you should be able to apply for a new PR card once you are here.

If you will be returning after 4 December but prior to 9 June 2013, you shouldn't need to prove anything to the visa office. If you wish to return after 9 June 2013 you'll need to explain how you will meet the PR residency obligation. If you will not return until after 23 June 2013 you will be in violation of the PR residency obligation and must present credible reasons why an H&C exception should be granted to you.

If they refuse your PR travel document request, then you have 60 days to appeal the refusal or you lose your PR status.

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
Dear friend,
I really appreciate your help.
When I came to Canada I left the address of a friend in the office of Immigration within the airport to receive the permanent resident card. This card never arrived. I went back to Brazil and had my doubts on staying in Canada because it was getting engaged and the person did not want to go to Canada. Now I changed my mind and I intend to get another chance. Thank you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
voicetel said:
Dear friend,
I really appreciate your help.
When I came to Canada I left the address of a friend in the office of Immigration within the airport to receive the permanent resident card. This card never arrived. I went back to Brazil and had my doubts on staying in Canada because it was getting engaged and the person did not want to go to Canada. Now I changed my mind and I intend to get another chance. Thank you!
So you never received your PR card. In that case, you will need to apply for a new card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

If your friend is still in Canada, you could have your PR card sent to your friend and then forwarded to you. Alternatively, yes, you can apply for a PRTD. As long as you do it now, you should be fine. The closer you get to June 2013 the more likely you are to run into problems.

The information to do this via São Paulo is here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/brazil-bresil/visas/tdpr_apply-demande_tvrp.aspx?view=d

Note that the published processing time is two days. That has to be the fastest processing time I've ever seen.

voicetel

Nov 11, 2012
Dear COMPUTERGEEK

Again I appreciate your kindness. The information helped me a lot. I saw you recently arrived in Canada and wish you all the luck!

thank you!