+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel documents, temporary foreign worker status, and travel during eligibility period

SupremeLeader

Feb 7, 2024
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to be applying for Canadian citizenship and I'm hoping some of you with experience can offer some advice on a few specific areas:

1. Travel Documents:
  • Should I add my Canadian permanent resident card and US B1/B2 visas as travel documents I held during my 5-year eligibility period?
2. Temporary Foreign Worker Status:
  • A bit of a tricky one: I applied to extend my temporary foreign worker status on September 2nd, 2021, but the application was "canceled" shortly after I obtained PR status in December of the same year. Was the extension application actually approved? (I'm unsure as it was canceled)

Since it was canceled and not refused, I don't have a "Date of decision for the refused extension." What date do I need to enter in this section? I haven't received any official letter with details.
3. Travel During Eligibility Period:
  • The application asks "Did you visit more than one country during this time?" Does this include transiting through a third-country airport without leaving the secure area?
Thank you so much in advance for any help and insights you can offer! I really appreciate your time and expertise. :)

Last edited: