+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Documents Refusal URGENT!!

kimo204

Jul 5, 2009
One month earlier, I have applied for the travel documents but the immigration office has rejected my application and I lost my status as a permanent resident. I need to know if there are good chances of appealing on my residency status decision so I could obtain these travel documents and go back to Canada.

My father has immigrated to Canada in 1992, few months later; the rest of the family and I have joined him. We were planning on living [size=10pt]
there. But three months later, my grandfather (living in Egypt) has gotten very ill and my family had to return to Egypt to stay with him. At that time, I was only two years old thus couldn’t stay alone in Canada. So we all had to return to Egypt without obtaining neither our Canadian citizenship nor our PR cards. Recently my grandfather has passed away. Now I wish to go back to Canada and obtain my PR card, I am 19 years old now so I could travel alone. Does this case go under the Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds?

The immigration office told me in the rejection letter that I did not meet the residency obligations. In my application, I have stated that I, for the last five years, was staying with my father who is a permanent residence but that didn’t work. They didn’t count any days.

Best Regards[/size]

I

ImmOfficer

Unless your dad was a Canadian Citizen, a PR working for a Canadian company, or accompanying another PR working for a Canadian company, then all of the time you spent outside of Canada counts against you.

Looks like you lost your status. I don't see anything resembling H&C grounds. You will need to reapply for PR status.