+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document (PR abroad) URGENT

mm

Aug 4, 2008
Hi guys. I`ve recently landed as a permanent resident and I`m applying for a travel document, as I probably won`t receive my PR card in time to travel. I want to apply from inside Canada, as I`ll only be away for a week and probably wont have a chance to go to the visa office abroad and ask for it there.
Does anyone have an experience with this? I`ve been told it is possible to do within Canada (by the call centre of CIC), but the website only mentions applying for it from abroad, and the application form is set that way as well, so I`m quite confused.
Do you know how long it could take for them to issue the document?
Thanks a million.

MM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mm said:
Hi guys. I`ve recently landed as a permanent resident and I`m applying for a travel document, as I probably won`t receive my PR card in time to travel. I want to apply from inside Canada, as I`ll only be away for a week and probably wont have a chance to go to the visa office abroad and ask for it there.
Does anyone have an experience with this? I`ve been told it is possible to do within Canada (by the call centre of CIC), but the website only mentions applying for it from abroad, and the application form is set that way as well, so I`m quite confused.
Thanks a million.

MM
You have to apply for it at an overseas office.  Note the instructions on the application kit

"This application must be submitted to the responsible Canadian visa office."

You would have to check the web site of the issuing office.

PMM

ptan39694

Nov 17, 2016
Does anybody know the processing time in Canadian Embassy Manila? and What are requirements? Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am permanent resident here in Toronto, Ontario and going home to Philippines in the end of January. I would like to know how long does your consulate office process Travel Document as I have no PRC (Permanent Resident Card) right now and I don’t think I will be able to get one before I leave Toronto. Please let me know the processing time and do you have the list of documents that I would be needed applying for Travel Document in Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Thank you very much for your attention regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely yours,

Peter Tan

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
mm said:
Thanks a million.

MM
If I'm honest I think you may struggle as it takes longer than a week to process, you'd literally have to go in on day one of your trip to apply and hope that they process it before you leave (most unlikely)

The only other option you have is to go over the border to the US and fly from there and then enter the same way, but that will be a pain

I guess the only option you have is to follow up with CIC again and ask if it's really possible to apply or a PRTD whilst still in Canada, you'd hope that this is an option but I've never known a government institution to think the logical way.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
ptan39694 said:
Does anybody know the processing time in Canadian Embassy Manila? and What are requirements? Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am permanent resident here in Toronto, Ontario and going home to Philippines in the end of January. I would like to know how long does your consulate office process Travel Document as I have no PRC (Permanent Resident Card) right now and I don’t think I will be able to get one before I leave Toronto. Please let me know the processing time and do you have the list of documents that I would be needed applying for Travel Document in Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Thank you very much for your attention regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely yours,

Peter Tan
Answered in your other post