+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document - how long does it take to receive one?

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
I don't see any processing times on CIC regarding this - can anyone be kind enough to advise me or share your own timelines on getting a travel document while being abroad?

For example, say I am abroad and my PR card is expired and they mail my home address tomorrow in Canada saying pick up your PR card (I sent the renewal application already) - can I get a travel document ASAP like within 7 days?

Can you apply for urgent processing for a travel document?

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2015
Tjam3 said:
I don't see any processing times on CIC regarding this - can anyone be kind enough to advise me or share your own timelines on getting a travel document while being abroad?

For example, say I am abroad and my PR card is expired and they mail my home address tomorrow in Canada saying pick up your PR card (I sent the renewal application already) - can I get a travel document ASAP like within 7 days?

Thanks!
Hello,
Any updates on this? I'm in the same situation!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tjam3 said:

Thanks!
Go to the CIC processing times for temporary residence and select the visa post processing your PRTD...go with timelines for visitor applicators being in line with those for a PRTD. Typically there can be as minimum as the same day turn around depending on how busy the visa post is. (visa posts in visit visa exempt countries to Canada e.g Vienna, Austria are less busy). When you apply for a PRTD a fresh RO review will be done. Depending on how many day of physical presence you had at PR Card renewal application and how long you have been away if found in RO breach your PRTD application may get bounced despite the approved PR Card.