+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Docuement for PR holder / H&C

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
usually spouse sponsorship is easier and faster. At least this is my understanding. maybe I am mistaken.
Your mother would be required to demonstrate an ability to cover his expenses and etc. You wouldn't be able to support that, as you've already sponsored your father and the undertaking is still ongoing.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Them wanting to charge you that much is a good indication that they think it will fail. It's their polite way of telling you to not bother.
I have submitted TRD application in the past, I don't need a lawyer to do it for me. We went for advise and getting innovating ideas on how to navigate this case and came out empty handed! any appeal was not included in $1,500 .

In any case, with Covid-19 scare everywhere and my father age we have to bring him back here to be with his family.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have submitted TRD application in the past, I don't need a lawyer to do it for me. We went for advise and getting innovating ideas on how to navigate this case and came out empty handed! any appeal was not included in $1,500 .

In any case, with Covid-19 scare everywhere and my father age we have to bring him back here to be with his family.
You can try.

But again, the H&C considerations are not all about "what are the humanitarian and compassionate reasons why this person should return to Canada now," but rather "what are the humanitarian and compassionate reasons why this person was not able to meet their generous residency obligation."

You have provided no reasons why your father was unable to travel to Canada. It's entirely possible you couldn't find "innovative ideas on how to navigate this case" because there are few.

Certainly make the argument about the benefits of him returning to Canada. But the evaluation will be based at least partially on why he could not return to Canada to meet his RO - and you have no answer to that.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your father made a decision to not live in Canada. A health pandemic *now* is not a reason why he could not return to Canada *earlier*. It is a reason why he should want to return but it may not address the issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
He did not come earlier:

1- unemployment of his sponsor
2- his sponsor was taking care of her cancer patient sister
3- his sponsor was under treatment for depression

I am just not too sure if his sponsor circumstances will be considered as part of H&C.
So how does he support himself in his country?

If you and your siblings are all in Canada, why did none of you support him? It is very hard to believe that you would all let your elderly father return to his country alone because of this. Was the cancer patient your mother? That makes it even more unbelievable.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long has he been out of Canada? And how much time has he spent in the past 5 years? Are your parents separated? If they weren’t they would have been able to share a room so wouldn’t have needed extra space. It sounds like your parents have multiple children in Canada who could have provided both space and financial support. Has your sister returned to work and increased her savings because expenses will only increase as parents age for things like special equipment, paying for public longterm care, needing to be a caregiver so not being able to work, etc.

Reactions: k.h.p.