+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel dates approaching

pastilli

Dec 22, 2021
I applied for TRV on April 11, 2022. No response so far.

My travel date is July 6 -July 20, 2022. I have flight tickets and hotel booked for Montreal.

What should I do?
a) cancel bookings and wait
b) change dates of bookings and send them as additional info

Will they process my TRV even if dates have passed?

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hello,

I'm in the exact same situation ! Was meant to travel on the 5th of July and attached to my application the tickets and hotel reservations because they required proof. I applied for TRV on March 25th and still no response... I don't think we'll be able to make our trips let's be realistic. Now my issue is what happens after that, do we still have a chance of getting the visa ?

Reactions: pastilli

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

My travel date is July 6 -July 20, 2022. I have flight tickets and hotel booked for Montreal.

What should I do?

I would cancel the booking and wait to see if and when IRCC approves your application. It's not recommended to book tickets until you have an approved visa in hand.

Yes, they will still process your TRV even if the dates have passed.

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I would suggest to cancel your tickets and booking. You never know when they will issue your visa. And I don't think it will effect your application.

Heard someone got a webform response to not book tickets and hotel till the visa comes. So save yourself the thousands of dollars and book once you get the visa.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

What should I do?

1/ A;; depends where you applied. India is now 141 days. Check here for processing times. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I applied from Finland and the processing time for TRV is 8 days here.
I believe the London visa office is responsible for applications from Finland as per IRCC site. If this is the case, it is unlikely that you will have your application processed and passport stamped within the next week or two (or maybe even a month). They are currently prioritising Ukraine-Canada applications. Though they do say they are prioritising study and work permits too, the last I heard was a January applicant who received ppr in May. I wouldn't make any new bookings. Instead, if you want to cover all bases, you can send a letter stating that your purpose of visit still stands even though the dates have passed.