+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel by road or plane.

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
Hello seniors,
I am currently out of Canada and My PR card will be expireing in march 2019, and i do not meet residency obligations.
My question is am i still eligible to travel on my PR card to canada i hope i still can.
Which will be the best option to travel either by air (from my home country) or by road (via usa).
Which port should i choose to make an entry.
Please advice.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Whilst your card is still valid you can still board a plane to Canada. Once it expires you would need to enter via a land border or apply for a PRTD which would then highlight your failed RO.

If you have failed the RO there is a chance no matter which route you take air or land that CBSA could report you leading to your PR status being revoked subject to appeal. You could be lucky and not be reported in which case you would need to stay put for 2 plus years or at least until RO met again before applying to renew your PR card.

No point in asking whether any POE is better than any other given chances of entry without being reported can simply depend on the CBSA officer you meet and even how busy the POE happens to be at the time. Good news is that reported or not as a PR you are entitled to enter. As always with CBSA do not volunteer information only answer questions asked honestly.

fateh88

Sep 2, 2013
Thanks for your valuable reply.
I got your point that it depends on how busy a POE (Toronto is busiest) is and depends on the officer as well.
I am aware that toronto pearson airport has kiosk machine installed , will it be a good idea to go through the kiosk if i fly to Toronto airport

Thanks for the time again