Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hi everyone, here I am seeking some help from the forum members, my EE profile has completed 6 months and according to the call agent it has already completed all the stages and final decision is left (could be COPR), right now my TRV is valid until July 2021 and I am holding a PGWP at the moment.

If I go back India at this stage what would happen? will I able to obtain my COPR while residing outside of Canada?
If I go after obtaining COPR and applied PR card but without one, how it will work will I able to re-enter?

Thanks. please revert if anyone has idea

Last edited:

vplr015

Aug 25, 2020
I have a similar situation. I have to travel to india in april and my PR is still in process, i do have my BOWP. Can anyone tell me if i can travel to india if my PR application is in process?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi everyone, here I am seeking some help from the forum members, my EE profile has completed 6 months and according to the call agent it has already completed all the stages and final decision is left (could be COPR), right now my TRV is valid until July 2021 and I am holding a PGWP at the moment.

If I go back India at this stage what would happen? will I able to obtain my COPR while residing outside of Canada?
If I go after obtaining COPR and applied PR card but without one, how it will work will I able to re-enter?

Thanks. please revert if anyone has idea
You will receive your COPR outside Canada as well but you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions. I believe the same will apply to the PR card scenario, if you apply for one but haven't received it yet.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
You will receive your COPR outside Canada as well but you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions. I believe the same will apply to the PR card scenario, if you apply for one but haven't received it yet.
Thanks for response:

I don’t think CEC candidate who is present outside Canada can receive COPR while residing outside because here on this forum some people have received calls by VO before issuing COPR for confirmation for the current residence.

second I am holding PGWP and have valid TRV along with full time continuous job so as a temporary worker I think that is the only requirement to re enter Canada, please correct if I am wrong

gotusk

May 6, 2020
Thanks for response:

I don’t think CEC candidate who is present outside Canada can receive COPR while residing outside because here on this forum some people have received calls by VO before issuing COPR for confirmation for the current residence.

second I am holding PGWP and have valid TRV along with full time continuous job so as a temporary worker I think that is the only requirement to re enter Canada, please correct if I am wrong
Is it advisable to travel out of country after receiving COPR and before getting Pr card?
What about if I get married after receiving COPR and getting PR card ? Means will it make any effect on future spousal sponsorship??

thanks in advance

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Thanks for response:

If they specifically check CEC candidate's current residence, then it is something that I am not sure of.

As for your status, you seem like exempt from travel restrictions since you are non-discretionary due to your job. But please confirm few things first like is there a requirement for an AL (authorization letter) from IRCC for the airline and border officer to let you in.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
If they specifically check CEC candidate's current residence, then it is something that I am not sure of.

As for your status, you seem like exempt from travel restrictions since you are non-discretionary due to your job. But please confirm few things first like is there a requirement for an AL (authorization letter) from IRCC for the airline and border officer to let you in.
yes, for CEC candidates they need their physical presence during COPR.

The only thing I am worried of my medical exam and PCC in case I travel before COPR, in this case they might put my decision on hold until I am back in Canada and it is really tough to get new PCC and hear back from IRCC as well specially now in this pandemic.

what do you mean by AL? I think if I travel before COPR, my continuous job offer, PGWP and quarantine plan would be sufficient right?

After COPR but no PR card my PGWP will be invalid right?, I think there's a document called PRTD (Permanent resident travel document) and I am not sure If someone has gone through this!