+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Based on COPR

Justsend

May 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for PR under CEC class with my wife (I’m primary applicants and wife is secondary) and expecting final decision soon as it’s been six months now.

I’m in Ontario, Canada and my wife’s in India so, I wanted to know that based on COPR, can I go to India and bring my wife here in Canada?

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for PR under CEC class with my wife (I’m primary applicants and wife is secondary) and expecting final decision soon as it’s been six months now.

I’m in Ontario, Canada and my wife’s in India so, I wanted to know that based on COPR, can I go to India and bring my wife here in Canada?
I am in similar situation with wife overseas. I just received COPR and sent photo for PR card. Technically you cannot enter Canada with just COPR. You need to receive your PR card and then you are allowed to leave and enter Canada. PR card processing time is crazy. I see people wait for 4 months. Another document that allows entering Canada is PRTD (permanent resident travelling document), this can be received outside Canada. So you have an option to leave Canada once you get your COPR and then apply in India to local VAC and wait for this document in India. Then come to Canada. Who knows how quickly they will grant you PRTD, so I do not like the idea of PRTD.
Actually I am in desperate need to leave Canada and come back with my family once they receive visas. The most likely this will happen before my PR card will be ready. I would apperciate any input on this from experienced members of this forum. Is there a chance to use my worker visa and COPR together?

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Okay after that process can she travel to Canada?
All info is pretty much available on Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html

Yes. If you do your landing first (the most likely you will be soft landed first and it will be reflected in your COPR) then she will be able submit her passport for visa. As an immediate family member of Canadian permanent resident (yourself), she will be allowed to enter Canada. All precautions though like having negative covid tests and sitting at hotel for 3 days at own cost are still in power.

Justsend

May 5, 2019
Hi Everyone-

I applied for PR almost year now and I’m primary applicant in Canada and have spouse as dependent applicant back in India.

Yesterday, I received IRCC PR portal email but my spouse did not. So, my question are below;

1:How long the process will take to get the PR after the portal login access?

2: how can my spouse get the PR card? Is she travel using eCOPR

3: Can I go to India after my PR card and travel with my spouse?

4: What are the nexts steps after portal access?
Thanks