+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translations Of Documents

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
I have had my translations of my identity documents when I was sending evidence file for my hearing but for the pr it looks like I need to submit again.

The problem is some people say that, for pr it needs to be sealed and stampled by notery. But I already have the translations made before by translator here in Canada. Do I need to translate them with another person again that has authority to seal and stamble it?

Also which documents do I need to upload? I will upload my identity and my family tree documents. Do I need to upload my family’s passports or/and id’s also(I didn’t apply pr for them)?

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
I have had my translations of my identity documents when I was sending evidence file for my hearing but for the pr it looks like I need to submit again.

The problem is some people say that, for pr it needs to be sealed and stampled by notery. But I already have the translations made before by translator here in Canada. Do I need to translate them with another person again that has authority to seal and stamble it?

Also which documents do I need to upload? I will upload my identity and my family tree documents. Do I need to upload my family’s passports or/and id’s also(I didn’t apply pr for them)?
For your first question, as long as the translation done by certified translator in Canada there is no need to be notarized.

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
My id documents are in both English and Spanish. Also my passport is in both English and Spanish. I spoke with some of people they said you still need notary to confirm these documents. Are you sure?

notimportantt

Dec 8, 2023
For your first question, as long as the translation done by certified translator in Canada there is no need to be notarized.
My id documents are in both English and Spanish. Also my passport is in both English and Spanish. I spoke with some of people they said you still need notary to confirm these documents. Do I need to verify these documents?

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
My id documents are in both English and Spanish. Also my passport is in both English and Spanish. I spoke with some of people they said you still need notary to confirm these documents. Do I need to verify these documents?
I don’t think they need verification. It’s like a passport and they don’t need to be translated or verified by notary public.