+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation

oaklet

Feb 12, 2012
Hi, Leon

Need your help again.

I am trying to renew the PR card for my husband.
According to their website all documents not in English or French need to be translated including every passport stamp.

I am going to ask Immigrant Services Calgary (a not-for-profit organization) to do the translation for me. They charge me 2 dollars per stamp. On top of it I need to pay 20 for the translation certificate. There are a lot of stamps to be translated, but it is fine.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires
either an *affidavit from the person who completed the translation;
OR Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

My concern is if the translation by Immigrant Services Calgary will be acceptable. how do I know if the translator is a certified member in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada or not. where can I find this kind of information? I haven't seen their translation certificate yet. Is it equal to affidavit ?

Can you please give some suggestions?

asianzone

Jun 23, 2013
Hi

I will have the same issue next year when i renew. I was just looking into it. It does say that the translator need to sign a declaration that the translation is accurate if he/she does not belong to some board

I have 2 passports worth of stamps to go through by next year!

Adrian

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
The Translator stamped the original pcc and the translation.
Is that OK that he stamped the original pcc?