+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation Questions- for marriage & sponsorship

Mar 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK so to get married in Mexico to my boyfriend who is Mexican I had to get my long form birth certificate from ontario... now I need to have it notorized? what does that mean and what is the place called that does that and does anyone know how much it costs? I also need to translate it....
can I translate it myself but then get it approved by a professional for cheaper?
does the translator have to be in mexico or can it be in canada?
does anyone know if a cheap translator?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
When I got married in Albania I had to have my long form birth certificate notarized which most lawyers do and it was like $25, and I also had to get it authenticated at JLAC which is free but takes 4 weeks. Do you have to get an in-lieu of non impediment to marriage & statutory declaration of marital status? It may be differant for Mexico though...................

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
girlfromthenorthcountry said:
OK so to get married in Mexico to my boyfriend who is Mexican I had to get my long form birth certificate from ontario... now I need to have it notorized? what does that mean and what is the place called that does that and does anyone know how much it costs?
Lawyers can notarize documents. As well, a notary public can do it - look for them in the phone book or online. $25 sounds about right.
I also need to translate it....
can I translate it myself but then get it approved by a professional for cheaper?
does the translator have to be in mexico or can it be in canada?
This will depend on what the Mexican authorities want - maybe ask at the Mexican Embassy in Canada.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
I don't know if it helps, but I got a few quotes from individuals on here http://www.stibc.org I was able to get everything done well, fast, and very reasonable cost :)

Mar 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so can someone i know who is a lawyer or notorary public do it? and do they have to be a canadian citizen or does it matter...

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
i got married with a candian on march in mexico . be calm . my husband almost get crazy.

1 Get your long birth certificate . then has to be legalized for the mexican consul in Canada. IN OUR CASE was in vancouver . take around one week. i dont remember the cost but you could see in mexican migration page.
2 traslate your birth certicate
3 ask permission to the instituto nacional de inmigracion . costs 2600 pesos and take around 8 days

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
this page might help you

all the documents and that you need to get married in mexico. portal.sre.gob.mx/vancouver/

and your husband could research in instituto nacional de migracion page . there is all the process that you need to get the permission to get married with a mexican .

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
can someone i know who is a lawyer or notorary public do it? and do they have to be a canadian citizen or does it matter...

NO. the mexican goverment has a list with tne names who can sign and authorized the translation . the translation and the notorary cost me 400 pesos because we were hurry and they did it in one day but if you do it with time is around 250 pesos.

Mar 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hoples- who did you get to do it? where is the list of names posted??
sooo i should do that in Mexico and not in Canada, correct?

citlalli

Jun 9, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Doc's Request.
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
18-06-2010
Hello,

I translate all my documents with this lady.

She is the cheapest that you will find in all Ontario.
She is a certified translator so she do a certified translation.

Good Luck!

>> Catherine Wenske
>> Certified Translator
>> Comprende Translation Services
>> tel.416-264-1517
>> cel.416-908-1062
>> w.comprende.ca

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
when you look up in internet for a lawyer or a notary has to be authorized for the supreme court of justice of mexico . we called "PERITO TRADUCTOR" . I DID IT IN MEXICO CITY .
THATS IS NECESARY TO GET MARRIED IN MEXICO CITY I DONT KNOW IF IN ANOTHER STATE of mexico THEY ASK FOR "PERITO TRADUCTOR"
WHEN YOU TRANSLATE YOUR DOCUMENTS THAT YOU GONNA SEND to sponsor your husband like the marriage certificate or the criminal records is not necessary " the perito traductor" you can do it in canada or mexico with a normal notary or lawyer.