+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of original document in Toronto

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I did mean the Italian consulate in Canada, there is one in Toronto.
Confirmed with them. Unsurprisingly they said ask IRCC...
BTW do I have to provide the original translated document? Or a printed translation copy would be fine? I am running against the OWP program deadline that's on 31st of July. That's why I cannot wait for the translated document to be mailed...

chiar0n

Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys

I am sure there are numerous threads on this topic. But I wasn't sure if anyone had actually asked about this: does anybody know whether an ATIO certified translator needs to provide an affidavit too?

My birth certificate is bilingual: Italian and French. Could I get this translated in French to save money (since they only have to copy and paste), although I am applying in Ontario (as in I live in Toronto) but will be applying for inland spousal application? Would that be unwise?

What about https://www.taontario.ca/ ? Do you guys know whether I need an affidavit from them or whether they are in good standing with the Canadian gov? Do their prices increase as soon as you indicate that the translation is for IRCC? ...
Hi, how did you decided to proceed in the end? I'm applying on paper for spousal sponsorship and my birth certificate is also from Italy, trying to assess if I must translate those two sentences or not