+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of documents document has two languages

Maysy1981

Oct 25, 2015
Dear All,

I am a bit confused regarding the translation of documents, if you could please help me clarifyy:

1. On my university certificate it has the word " Cum Laude" under the degree which means ( with distinction). DOes this have to be translated by a certified translator?
2. On my police certificate from an Arab country it has both languages on it, with the signature and the designation of the signer in arabic, does this have to be translated?
3. On my marriage certificate it has the usual stamps stamped in arabic.... do these have to be translated?

Am I over stressing?

M :eek:

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Maysy1981 said:
Dear All,

I am a bit confused regarding the translation of documents, if you could please help me clarifyy:

1. On my university certificate it has the word " Cum Laude" under the degree which means ( with distinction). DOes this have to be translated by a certified translator?
2. On my police certificate from an Arab country it has both languages on it, with the signature and the designation of the signer in arabic, does this have to be translated?
3. On my marriage certificate it has the usual stamps stamped in arabic.... do these have to be translated?

Am I over stressing?

As far as i know double languages doesnt need translation

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maysy1981 said:
Thanks for the reply. Anyone else went through this and got their PR?
It's wiser to be cautious and avoid doing something that you may later regret. Go ahead and get it translated (just to be on safe side). It might cost some bucks but you will be happy in the end that you removed the ambiguity. Good luck !

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
farazafzal said:
It's wiser to be cautious and avoid doing something that you may later regret. Go ahead and get it translated (just to be on safe side). It might cost some bucks but you will be happy in the end that you removed the ambiguity. Good luck !
Are you sure because i have read that its not needed

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
My wife's Bcom degree had Urdu and English side by side. I didn't get that translated. CIC didn't have an issue with it.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
shariq123 said:
My wife's Bcom degree had Urdu and English side by side. I didn't get that translated. CIC didn't have an issue with it.
[/quote
I have pcc in dual language want to make sure that its not gonna make any issues

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Maysy1981 said:
Dear All,

Am I over stressing?

You are over stressing, if a document is originally dual language (meaning police certificate in your situation) , then you dont need any translation, its already there why would you translate it again ? and Cum Laude is something very very known and it certainly doesnt need to be translated...

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Dear All,

Am I over stressing?

Hey. Did u have your dual language (arabic and english)document translated? I am now in the same situation. Thare is an english translation in my document?