+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of Digital documents - HELP NEEDED!

seba1807

Jan 16, 2019
Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding the translation of digital original documents.

In my country the police certificate is issued digitally and that is the only way it is issue by the authorities (this is stated in the document itself).

Would it be fine to just present the original document (digital) with a scan of its translation by a certified public translation?

Regards.

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi all,

In my country the police certificate is issued digitally and that is the only way it is issue by the authorities (this is stated in the document itself).

Would it be fine to just present the original document (digital) with a scan of its translation by a certified public translation?

Regards.
Hi, I have a similar issue where an original document is issued as a pdf-file in a secure digital mailbox. @seba1807 - What did you do in your case?

Further, the document itself is only black and white (even the logos are b/w), so can I just upload as an original document where I'm required to upload the scan of a document? How does one get certified photocopy of an original document that only exists in digital form?

Dear seniors here, will really appreciate some feedback on this.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi, I have a similar issue where an original document is issued as a pdf-file in a secure digital mailbox. @seba1807 - What did you do in your case?

Further, the document itself is only black and white (even the logos are b/w), so can I just upload as an original document where I'm required to upload the scan of a document? How does one get certified photocopy of an original document that only exists in digital form?

Dear seniors here, will really appreciate some feedback on this.
Are you submitting a paper based application?

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
as long as it was issued by the authority and translated by certified translators I think it'll be fine

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
No, submitting online. My pay slips for one of my foreign work experience are computer generated black-and-white pdf files.
Then download the Document as PDF from employer website, next upload th same file on IRCC web.Attach an LOE stating the same you did hereup and include a screen shot of the page on employer web to corroborate your statement
If your concern that it is black and white version maybe print it out ask HR to stamp it and next upload it in your application

Last edited:

Adylene

Aug 29, 2022
Hi all,

Regards.
Hello,

Did you upload the original digital police certificate? Did you have any problems? You didn't have to somehow notarize it ?

Thank you