Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
Hello friends,

I will be applying for Citizenship in September. one of the requirement is the birth certificate of child. My child's birth certificate is in Hindi language, so I need to get it translated from a certified translator. Can anyone suggest me where can I get it translated in Mississauga or Brampton.

I also have a notarized translation from India which I got when I was applying for immigration. Would that work?

Thanks

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 5, 2013, RPRF encashed March 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
Thanks for the reply. I have the translation of the birth certificate from India, notarized by public notary, which I used for immigration. Will that work ?

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
I have the translation of the birth certificate from India, notarized by public notary, which I used for immigration. Will that work ?

Please suggest

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
Any suggestions please...

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I have the translation of the birth certificate from India, notarized by public notary, which I used for immigration. Will that work ?

Please suggest
you can email CIC and check. no idea about notarization from india.

but logic tells me that it will be very difficult for Canadian embassy to verify your Indian notarization, so maybe its not allowed. but i could be wrong on this.

certificate of date of birth option is specifically provided by Consulate general of India for these cases.

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
you can email CIC and check. no idea about notarization from india.

but logic tells me that it will be very difficult for Canadian embassy to verify your Indian notarization, so maybe its not allowed. but i could be wrong on this.

certificate of date of birth option is specifically provided by Consulate general of India for these cases.
CGI takes lot of time.

As per the instructions, it is written that the affidavit can be notarized by public notary outside canada, but not sure in my case it will work or not.

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public

fairytales

Aug 30, 2017
Found the answer:"
  • You have included original translation and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French."

Last edited:

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Found the answer:"
  • You have included original translation and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French."
Hi fairytales,

Can you tell me how did you proceed with translation? My application package was returned as my son's birth certificate is in both English and Tamil.
Appreciate your help.

mb29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi
Hello friends,

I will be applying for Citizenship in September. one of the requirement is the birth certificate of child. My child's birth certificate is in Hindi language, so I need to get it translated from a certified translator. Can anyone suggest me where can I get it translated in Mississauga or Brampton.

I also have a notarized translation from India which I got when I was applying for immigration. Would that work?

Thanks
Hi Could you please help me from where you get the translation done in India ?

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
Hi I am also facing the same issue, My Daughter D.O.B certificate in Hindi,
1: I need to get it to translate from Hindi to English, what is the best Option :
a) Get it translated from India and notarized from India? OR
b) Or In Canada, get it translated from the certified translator? (Do I need to notarize it after that if I am getting from certified translator in Canada)

2: My daughter is having only First Name on her D.O.B certificate, so If I get it translated from It will still be the same name. But on D.O.B certificate
Father and Mother name with Surname mentioned. Also on my Daughter passport, her First Name and Last name also mentioned.
Would only the First Name on D.O.B certificate work with valid passport having First and Last Name OR do I need change name certificate for my daughter from notary attested?