File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Apparently I need to get my bank statements translated, since my bank (a big Scandinavian bank! :/) is simply not able to provide me with a bank statement that's already in English. How exactly is this done? Can I just translate it myself and then go to a notary public to get it certified? It's very hard to find information on this... I will be applying online and my application should be processed at the London visa office.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
I think it depends on the visa office itself. The embassy in my country accepts translated documents from recognized translation offices in my country so there is no need for notary public in this case. Have you tried contacting London visa office?

and it is weird that your bank is not able to provide you with a bank statement! I got my bank statements (from a bank of an Arabic speaking country) in English already!

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
elokuu said:
Apparently I need to get my bank statements translated, since my bank (a big Scandinavian bank! :/) is simply not able to provide me with a bank statement that's already in English. How exactly is this done? Can I just translate it myself and then go to a notary public to get it certified? It's very hard to find information on this... I will be applying online and my application should be processed at the London visa office.
If it is not in English or French, it must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.

This is what i get from the cic website.

I know this is not relating to your question, but can you tell me what list of documents are u planning to submit with your application online... I am also applying from london soon . thanks

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Sahil Khan said:
If it is not in English or French, it must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.

This is what i get from the cic website.

I know this is not relating to your question, but can you tell me what list of documents are u planning to submit with your application online... I am also applying from london soon . thanks
Thanks. I'm still trying to get the originals in English, hopefully it works, since that process of translating the documents seems time-consuming and expensive.

My list of documents might be different from yours unless you're a Finnish citizen too. I will be submitting

- IMM1294E form
- Letter of admission
- Passport scan
- SOP
- Sponsor letter + bank statements from my father
- Photo