+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation necessary?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
My wife (PR) is sponsoring her mom for a normal visitor visa. We have a couple questions about documents and their translations.

- For the national identity document, does this need to be translated, or can it just be uploaded as is?
- Since it will be uploaded to the site, do I need a certified copy, or just a translation, and scan of all required pages?
- Can the translation be done by anyone (my wife) or does it need to be done by an official translator?

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My wife (PR) is sponsoring her mom for a normal visitor visa. We have a couple questions about documents and their translations.

- For the national identity document, does this need to be translated, or can it just be uploaded as is?
- Since it will be uploaded to the site, do I need a certified copy, or just a translation, and scan of all required pages?
- Can the translation be done by anyone (my wife) or does it need to be done by an official translator?
if it's not in English or French, it needs translation. It needs to be a certified translation.