+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translating Whatsapp conversation

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Dude, why are you even discussing this?
IRCC accepts SELF TRANSLATED chats.
Im speaking from personal experience, translating my OWN chats like 500 pages and IRCC was completely satisfied with my communication proofs....I am not the only case on this forum, see member Singleman.
You're a known liar.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is clearly written on the checklist that translation must be certified not self translation.
So it is better to submit certified translation to avoid delays.
It is also mentioned that you can submit maximum 10 pages , so I don't know why they would need 500 pages of translation.
Exactly right. I don't know why this topic keeps coming up - the instructions are clear.

Any applicant can risk if they wish not translating something. But for anything important, it is a bad idea. They can reject or return an application for not having the correct translations. Or just as likely, ignore any information in the file that is not properly translated.

Now, we did actually risk a few small non-translations - but very, very limited in scope. All were things that were not critical to our app but secondary or tertiary supporting information - one bank statement (but we had plenty of other good financial information); one bill for purchase and delivery of furniture (but IKEA clearly indicated); and one page each of a lease agreement and property ownership (main page and subsequent pages all legal detail). Each with short explanatory note attached.

We also did not translate passport stamps or visas, because when I looked, all of the stamps and visas had the name of the country clearly understandable and entry/exit stamps in standard date format. (Also our entire family already had TRVs from Canada for ~ten years validity so had already been examined)

I repeat: I do NOT recommend this. But in our case all of these were supplementary information, possibly more than needed, but I felt useful to include because we were compensating for other things and there were related documents (eg the lease agreement was useless on its own to establish we were living together as only in one name but we had a letter from the landlord that linked to it). Also I knew that our files would go to visa office where there is/was a high likelihood staff could read the language this was in.

Also note: our case was NOT a close case at all - married with children, five+ years together, we applied outland but already had TRVs so could have applied inland from within Canada, etc. Some of our supplementary info was to deal with minor administrative issues (we had little hard official documentation of living together, but good reasons why that was the case, and TONS of other supporting docs as mentioned).

So there are cases where one might get away with it - but don't follow the rules, you take the risks and bear the consequences. And if the information is CORE or critical to your app (as eg chats and evidence of ongoing communication likely are for lots of applicants), you should not risk it.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

zara999

Jan 3, 2021
Do the translation need to be done in Canada. Can I get my husband to do it. Because it is cheaper in Afghanistan than Canada.
And text messages do not need to notarized, correct?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do the translation need to be done in Canada. Can I get my husband to do it. Because it is cheaper in Afghanistan than Canada.
And text messages do not need to notarized, correct?
Look at the quoted post before you. The translation does not need to be notarized, but must be certified.

johnsena

Sep 17, 2021
Hey, Thanks for sharing this helpful & wonderful post. i really appreciate your hard work. this is very useful & informative for me. thanks for sharing with us. thanks a lot ngobrol games.

johnsena

Sep 17, 2021
what do you think about whatsapp beta, or there are no problems, the website says the ngobrol games said the security level is even tighter, is it true give me instructions ?