+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transitioning from Open Work Permit to Employer-Specific Work Permit

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Hello!
I have just obtained my CSQ with very little time left to renew my current work permit. My current work permit is a fully extended PGWP, an open work permit.

Currently, I am employed in public health, helping out with the Quebec vaccination program. I did not realize that I would be applying for an employer-specific work permit – otherwise I would have taken job hunting a little more seriously during the pandemic. How do you approach your employers to, 'renew' your job offer? Given that there is a fee involved for hiring LMIA-exempt CSQ holders? Can anyone share their experiences/approach?

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hello!
I have just obtained my CSQ with very little time left to renew my current work permit. My current work permit is a fully extended PGWP, an open work permit.

Currently, I am employed in public health, helping out with the Quebec vaccination program. I did not realize that I would be applying for an employer-specific work permit – otherwise I would have taken job hunting a little more seriously during the pandemic. How do you approach your employers to, 'renew' your job offer? Given that there is a fee involved for hiring LMIA-exempt CSQ holders? Can anyone share their experiences/approach?
Hi, were you able to apply for an employer-specific work permit?