+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transition from pgwp to study permit within Canada

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
Hi all,

I am currently on my pgwp and its expiring on Sept 29, 2018. I also have made express entry profile with crs score of 439. Trying to improve ielts. I am planning to go for study visa within canada for jan 2019 intake. I have the following questions. help me guys

1. Can i apply for study permit after pgwp within canada?

2. The college is offering me seat for jan2019 intake as sept 2019 intake is full. Will CIC issue me study permit me too early or i have to leave canada and come back before classes start?

3. I am planning to go for college mid july for acceptance letter. if i apply for study visa in august and my study application is still in process and work permit expires can i stay in canada or i have to leave Canada?

Help needed

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am currently on my pgwp and its expiring on Sept 29, 2018. I also have made express entry profile with crs score of 439. Trying to improve ielts. I am planning to go for study visa within canada for jan 2019 intake. I have the following questions. help me guys

1. Can i apply for study permit after pgwp within canada?

2. The college is offering me seat for jan2019 intake as sept 2019 intake is full. Will CIC issue me study permit me too early or i have to leave canada and come back before classes start?

3. I am planning to go for college mid july for acceptance letter. if i apply for study visa in august and my study application is still in process and work permit expires can i stay in canada or i have to leave Canada?

Help needed
Hi

1. Sure.

2. They will likely issue it but no guarantee.

3. You can stay on Implied Status but you cannot work once your PGWP expires.