+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transiting via Vancouver Airport.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Please, i need someone to clarify me on this;

Is it true that when transiting via Vancouver, passengers need to claim their luggages before checking-in to their connecting flights? If this is true, passengers who have a waiting time of about 10hrs, where would they keep their luggages while waiting for the next flight ? Is there a place in the airport where one can keep luggage? or one one needs to use only a trolley and hang around?

Thanks for any answers.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chinaconnection said:
Please, i need someone to clarify me on this;

Is it true that when transiting via Vancouver, passengers need to claim their luggages before checking-in to their connecting flights? If this is true, passengers who have a waiting time of about 10hrs, where would they keep their luggages while waiting for the next flight ? Is there a place in the airport where one can keep luggage? or one one needs to use only a trolley and hang around?

Thanks for any answers.
You go through Customs and Immigration at Vancouver if it is your first international stop. Then you collect your bags and re-check onward in the Customs hall for your next flight. There are attendants and baggage belts there as well as signs on what to do.

PMM

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
PMM,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Next question, if you are an immigrant, when u carry your luggages with you by plane do you need to pay custom duty for items like Computer desk top?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chinaconnection said:
PMM,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Next question, if you are an immigrant, when u carry your luggages with you by plane do you need to pay custom duty for items like Computer desk top?
No, you include them on your goods accompanying list.

PMM