Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hi everyone,

i just need clarification about transit without visa from philippines.it said provided no layover or overnight and the airlines will apply for this program. if its no layover how can i change flight from manila to YVR to USA coz my husband and i planned to travel to USA but i want to change flight at vancouver so we can fly together to USA.

appreciate for any respond! :)

thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It depends which flight you are taking to the USA. Google it on the CIC website. Sorry am only using my cell phone right now.

If it is Philippine Airlines, and your husband will board at YVR, you likely don't need a visa.

Please clarify further and give details on your flight plans, airline, etc. Can't give you any definitive answers based on your original post.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Am using a computer now--here is the link I was referring to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/twov/travellers.asp

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
thanks a lot.
the plan is i'm gonna take philippines airlines to YVR then we gonna take westjet to USA together. it seems contradict their statement regarding no layover/overnight. i may just consider applying for Trv or just take flight directly to USA.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It was perfectly possible for your husband to ride the same flight as you if you were flying out of YVR the same day, but you are correct, if you will be planning for a layover or overnight stay, you'll need to apply for a visa.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hi, thanks for the input!, i'm preparing to apply for visa instead. it will be cheaper at cost just to have a week stay in USA then a week in BC. and a chance to meet the whole gag there in BC.but if not then i'll just take a flight direct to maui :(