+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa?

noopurkore

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,
I'm a Indian Citizen with valid visa to stay in USA. I'm traveling from USA to India. Here is my itinerary -

Denver (Air Canada) -> Toronto (Brussels Airlines) -> Brussels -> Mumbai
and return is
Mumbai -> Newark -> Denver.

I don't plan on leaving airport for the time of my layover. I'm going through this article and I'm a little confused if Do I need a transit visa or I should be eligible to travel without Visa?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I'm a Indian Citizen with valid visa to stay in USA. I'm traveling from USA to India. Here is my itinerary -

Denver (Air Canada) -> Toronto (Brussels Airlines) -> Brussels -> Mumbai
and return is
Mumbai -> Newark -> Denver.

I don't plan on leaving airport for the time of my layover. I'm going through this article and I'm a little confused if Do I need a transit visa or I should be eligible to travel without Visa?
You will need to apply for a Transit Visa. It is advisable to apply several weeks before your travel date.

The article does not apply to you as you do not have a passport issued by the countries mentioned

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Dear All,

I will be travelling from India to canada on 2nd March 2018.
I have a connecting flight which requires me to lay over for 6 hours in Paris CDG airport.
Will i need a transit visa if I do not intend to move out of the airport?

Same is the situation with my return journey, the only difference being the layover is in Amsterdam for 7 hours.

thanks in advance for your help.

regards,
Ashwani

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear All,

I will be travelling from India to canada on 2nd March 2018.
I have a connecting flight which requires me to lay over for 6 hours in Paris CDG airport.
Will i need a transit visa if I do not intend to move out of the airport?
No, you don't need a transit visa for Paris CDG.

Same is the situation with my return journey, the only difference being the layover is in Amsterdam for 7 hours.
You do not need a transit visa for the layover at Amsterdam Schiphol